Preferred govt's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preferred govt's

In the C3C manual, the new Civ's have preferred and shunned governments. I couldn't find any reference to this in the orginal manual.
    Is this just a style thing, or are there bonuses and penalties associated with these governments?
    If so, does anyone know what the preferred/shunned governments are for the original civs?

Why aren't you at your post?

Going off memory here, so there may be more to it, but the upshot is that if you're in an AI civ's shunned gov't, it negatively affects their attitude toward you, and being in their preferred gov't positively affects it. I almost want to say it only works positively if you and they are in the same gov't, but I'm not sure. In any event, it's a minor feature.
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi
      Why aren't you at your post?

Going off memory here, so there may be more to it, but the upshot is that if you're in an AI civ's shunned gov't, it negatively affects their attitude toward you, and being in their preferred gov't positively affects it. I almost want to say it only works positively if you and they are in the same gov't, but I'm not sure. In any event, it's a minor feature.
      I don't believe you have to both be in the same government for it to work, but I could be wrong about that. In any case the rest of it is correct as far as I know. I don't usually pay much attention to it though since as you said it's a minor feature.

Comment

Thanks for the information.
        By the way, this is my post!

Comment

Basically it is of little import and you are not going to change govs to take advantage of it anyway. So it is just any fyi.

Comment

Minor or not, here is just another tidbit drifting in the land of unknown. Shunned government = prejudice and poor attitude.

Gee, did someone ever think of documenting this?
            The Graveyard Keeper
            Of Creation Forum
            If I can't answer you don't worry
            I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Games like Civ don't have manuals, they have web forums populated by fanatical gamers who knows the game better than the developers.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Being in a shunned government to someone only makes the civ slightly unhappy for a short while. If you pay them some money as a gift to make them happy or ally with them it will get over any negative diplomatic reputation effects.

Every time you change government just check your reputation hasn't been affected on your diplomatic screen.

This shunned government affect could be improved to make the civ game more interesting.
                Its meant to be like a cold war thing, where liberal governments despise dictatorships.. though this is more a propoganda effect in real life, often so called 'democracies' are more despotic than so called fascist or dictatorship governments.

Comment

QUOTE//check your reputation hasn't been affected on your diplomatic screen//QUOTE by Admiral PJ

Many thanks, and here again something I not aware of... my 'reputation'! Oh well, I just figured like any 'good Christian American' if my Army is bigger and I use it well most of the time, my 'reputation' has got to be good.

Nevermind my prejudice is showing.

Since I am on roll here filling in the 'blank' spots of my erstwhile 'knowledge bank', are there 'graphs' available for F11 info screen, like CIV II?
                  The Graveyard Keeper
                  Of Creation Forum
                  If I can't answer you don't worry
                  I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

This doesn't really do much except explain a key missing piece of the attitude puzzle. I wondered for ages why gifting govt techs could negatively affect attitude.

Comment

Working...
                    X