Palace upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palace upgrades

What is the criteria for getting a palace upgrade? I believe population plays an important part. Sometimes I can win by domination without getting all the palace upgrades, probably because most cities are only size 12.

I don't know, but it is a function of happiness and making sometargets, such as new ages.

I wish you could disable it though.

Comment

course you can disable it....

...can't you?

Comment

Unless it's fixed, it kept comming back.

Something to do with a new age IIRC.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

oh. I always left it on, so I didnt realize it was broken...

Comment

I have not had to worry about it in some time as I am under war status so much and only keep the pop happy enough to not riot.

So just getting to the next age is not enough to trigger the palace upgrade, which is fine by me. If they had a button to turn it off like the respawn, I would set it.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1

I wish you could disable it though.
              Just play a mod. With Conquests, you no longer get it if you've altered the default rules.

Comment

That is good to know.

Comment

Wow, I didn't even know there was 'such a thing' as Palace upgrade? As I live in world of Mod. Um, I wonder what else I am missing?
                  The Graveyard Keeper
                  Of Creation Forum
                  If I can't answer you don't worry
                  I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Probably just my paranoia, but I always seem to get the upgrades just as something bad happens to my empire - a slew of cities going into disorder due to WW or similar.
                    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Culture expansion seems to play a role too.

Comment

I think building certain wonders may also play a part. I noticed a few times getting an improvement at the same time as building a wonder. Maybe it's after a certain number, or if you build so many with a trait or two from your own civ, or if particular wonders will cause it.

Originally posted by Antrine
                        Wow, I didn't even know there was 'such a thing' as Palace upgrade? As I live in world of Mod. Um, I wonder what else I am missing?
                        Just the Hall of Fame. The only mods which go into the HoF are the Conquests, but they have their own HoF.
                        I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Working...
                        X