Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vmxa1

What is there to not like?
    For one thing, there's a few ogres that tend to hang out there. Heaven forbid you should post in the wrong forum, and newbies have a tendency of getting thier heads bitten off if they ask a question that can be found in the over bloated Frequently Asked Questions link. I've always found posters to be friendlier here.

Comment

Fair enough, but I only said it was solid, not better. Some people like cracker can be a bit harsh, but he use to post here as well.

Comment

Well, what is the average age on poly? The poll showed recently the average age on CivFanatics was 30s (which is my current age)

Sounds high.
        Why;
        Willem:
        For one thing, there's a few ogres that tend to hang out there. Heaven forbid you should post in the wrong forum, and newbies have a tendency of getting thier heads bitten off if they ask a question that can be found in the over bloated Frequently Asked Questions link. I've always found posters to be friendlier here.

Funny thing is that the 'biters' ofter are recent ex-newbies.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

CIV FAN was the first site that I posted on regularly, so it will always be a great place to me. I eventually moved on (not of my own accord) and discovered 'Poly and have had no reason to leave. 'Poly is my favorite site but CIV FAN is a good second.

The posters on CIV FAN are a bit more rude, and the boards also recieve much more monitoring than 'Poly, but there are also many talented and polite posters there as well. I don't know about the creation files but the CIV 3 stories section is at least the equal of 'Poly (at least when I left).

As for the FAQ, it was created to 'clear up the boards' so to speak. When CIV 3 first came out there was a lot of repetitive qestions/topics that proved to be annoying to many. Refering new posters to the FAQ before posting simply helped to reduce the number of repetitive posts.
          * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
          * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
          * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
          * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
            Refering new posters to the FAQ before posting simply helped to reduce the number of repetitive posts.
            Which is fine, but some people were getting rather silly about it. Down right obnoxious in fact. I had a run in with one of them once after getting sick and tired of him berating new posters. Mind you, things seem to have mellowed out since then.

Comment

whats 'poly?

Comment

aPOLYton. Simply a shortened name
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

Which is fine, but some people were getting rather silly about it. Down right obnoxious in fact. I had a run in with one of them once after getting sick and tired of him berating new posters. Mind you, things seem to have mellowed out since then.
                  Let me guess?

Cracker or Lt. Killer M.
                  * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                  * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                  * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                  * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

CFC is a very good site, and a paradise for those who look for graphics packs, mods and such. The GOTM has a very long tradition, much longer than AU. But you can't really compare both of them. GOTM is a competition, while AU is more of a learning session.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

I'm what? Friendly? Hehe!
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Yep, you are NYE, you're getting soft in your old age.
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Thanks for all the support over the past two weeks. I have managed to destroy both the Brits and Celts and even survived my computer re-build. Great to have this support...More questions to follow

Comment

There is a civ3data.pdf file somewhere on this site. It does not include PTW and C3C stuff but should still help you as a new player. Especially with the tech trees and the wonders info I was able to plan my strategies much better as far as what wonders work with my civ traits and what techs are needed to get to build the wonder.

Comment

Working...
                            X