Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle Characteristics of King Units from Regicide Games

Help!

I'm about to get my rear end kicked by the evil Romans in a mass regicide game (pbem).

The question is, "When you have king units, do they cover (protect) other units as their stats would indicate?" I've no experience with King units and it looks in the game as though they do not "cover" units such as workers or settlers.

Thanks
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

They have 1/1/2. This means they have retreat ability. So they will leave your worker, settler or whatever, if they lose.

Comment

One other thing that is confusing is that i've got a conscript warrior and a king fortified in a city and the warrior is shown as the front defender. It seems like the king unit is sort of a "chicken" impi that will not fight unless he has to.

Comment

Because its regicide, I believe the king unit is the last to defend in any stack, regardless of values. After all, if the king loses, you lose the game.

And think of it as all your loyal people (and well paid mercenaries) bravely throwing themselves between the attackers and their beloved divine ruler.
        Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
        http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

I believe you are correct. In mass regicide, however, you start out with lots of kings and risking a few would be a good idea. Easier said than done.

Comment

Maybe if stats were beefed up to say, 2/2/2. Right now they're maybe useful for scouting.
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Maybe if stats were beefed up to say, 2/2/2. Right now they're maybe useful for scouting.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
              X