banana's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• banana's?

how did the banana's come into play? who thought of this fruit as the number one choice? how have banana's shaped apolyton in the present past and future? i would love to hear how the banana rose to stardom.

I think it is a reference to previous versions of Civ having bananas. Now they are back in Civ.

Personally I find it is way over done.

Comment

then i guess im glad i misssed all that hype... its confusing ne ways... i hate bananas personally... they can burn in hell! no offense everybody...

Comment

Originally posted by KuriousK724
        i hate bananas personally... they can burn in hell!
        That must be why you keep putting an apostrophe in the word for no apparent reason!

Although it has to be said that consigning a fruit to everlasting damnation does seem a slightly over-the-top reaction. Could there be something Freudian going on here, I wonder?

Comment

hey now... the freudian comment hurt! i admit i did wrong damning your beloved symbol... perhaps its because im frustrated that i dont truelly now the banana personally... please enlighten me

Comment

"Banana" started in the Off-Topic forum here when IIRC...um...something happened.

The frenzy was helped, no doubt, when Apolyton's first Civ3 Democracy Game found itself starting in--get this--a bunch of jungle.
            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Any community needs a word to mean "bogus", "yada yada" or similar things. So... banana. It's useful in polls, it's useful everywhere. It has a great semantic use, and as in darwinian biology, what is adapted to its niche stays.
              Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

I forsee happy dances in this threads future.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                  I forsee happy dances in this threads future.
                  Like this?

Anyway, I agree that they are overdone. Some polls which have them would end up more accurate, IMO, if there were no banana option...Instead of people voting 'banana' if they're not sure what to vote, they could instead simply vote later when they've made the decision, thus giving a broader view of Apolyton's opinions.

Personally, I find bananas quite tasty though. And anything derived from bananas, eg banana muffins, banana bread, etc.
                  I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

"No opinion" or "Bogus" is an answer that exists for a poll and it is present in serious public polls. Generally it is qualified "No opinion/Do not know".

Comment

Personally I find it is way over done.

Good to see I'm not the only one
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

heathens!! The mighty banana shall smite you!!

Comment

I don't think that it has to be "over done" someday, simply because it took a place in my vocabulary as a useful expression rather than simply a joke with no other sense. Now that doesn't mean it'll stay since language takes what everyone uses, not only one person. Still, it wouldn't bother me if it went into the Apolyton dictionary

Comment

imo i would of liked a peanut resource to go with the bananas

Comment

Ah, nuts and fruits...
                              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
                              X