Maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maps?

I looked in forum,but did not find this question/answer. Q: If i made a map,started playing it,and decided it needed fixed or modified how do i bring it back to the editor? (When i 'open' file its blank)Why?
    Last edited by darkprophet; February 26, 2004, 03:37.

Any help or suggestions on above topic?

Comment

Re: Question?

Originally posted by darkprophet
      (When i 'open' file its blank)Why?
      There is a filter on the files names. If no files exist with that filter...
      The default filter is
      *.bic (for C3 vanilla)
      *.bix (for C3 PtW)
      *.biq (for C3C).

C3C editor is able to load *.bic and *.bix, but you need to change the filter.
      I am not sure he is able to load *.sav (or what are they suffixed?).
      The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

You cannot edit saved games with the editor provided. You can edit a scenario map at any time and make changes and save it.

You are you saying you tried to edit a *.biq and it was blank?
        If you have Conquest, you will have Civ editor that can edit bic file and C3C editor that can edit biq files.

Comment

I am using vanilla civ3, i created a map from the editor,started to play it and decided it needed modified.When i go to load the*.bic file it has an empty map(all water). i still have the map mod in my files but its blank. i tried to load *.sav but of course editor says it is invalid civ3 scenario.funny thing is that i can still play the game with my map, but cannot edit once played like a scenario. should i have made acopy of 'my map'?Is my map gone forever?or is it once loaded as scenario cannot edit again?

Comment

You can edit a scenario any time. Was the civ3mod changed? It should have a date of june 12th 2002.

You may find you can get more help in the creation forum.

Comment

Thanks vmxa1.Yes i did change/erase civ3 mod but was told that i could.i may have been wrong to do so.But i wish there was a way to retain the map from my *.sav,somehow my original map is not valid(blank) anymore. Word of Advice to All(beginner)Modders: If you make/modify a map, create a copy just in case!

Comment

Advice to all beginning modders: You shouldn't fool with the civ3mod file at all. Every time you install a patch it wipes it clean. You should save all of your mods to a scenario.
                Seemingly Benign
                Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
                X