Civ 3 with or without CSC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 3 with or without CSC?

I'm curious as of to your opinion. I brought Civ 3 and C3C and haven't opened those yet. Which I will do so very soon.

Should I play Civ 3 alone first or go ahead and install C3C?

Thanks!
    Play Civ 3 without C3C first.
    8.11%
    Bah, go ahead and install them both.
    78.38%
    Return them back to Fry's, get refund, and spend it all on bananas.
    13.51%
    Who is Barinthus?

you haven't played civ3? what are you waiting for?

I suggest playing with C3C. but that's just me.

Comment

Graduate School applications. I'm a chronic prostincator (sp) and I know that once I open Civ 3, I'd never get anything done until I finish a game which would take me forever since I don't have that much spare time.
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

You can play PtW, which is the last, finished, Civ3 and you can play C3C after installing both.

Try both, they each have a particular flavour. C3C has higher corruption and harder maps due to resources, but it has more toys.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

notyoueither advised:
          You can play PtW, which is the last, finished, Civ3 and you can play C3C after installing both.
          I'm not sure what NYE means... PTW requires that Civ3 has already been installed.

To your question: I'd say install both - that way you get the most balanced gaming experience with the most options to explore.

Enjoy - bvc

Comment

I said:
            install both
            ...but I voted for the bananas of course

Comment

bvoncranium

Yeah that was what I was thinking - go ahead and play the complete 'set' but then it occured to me would I be missing anything by skipping the orginial version.
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

What on earth would you be missing by playing the original version? Conquests is the original version, with extra bits. You will, of course, want the Conquests patch, otherwise you will indeed be missing the bits that were all right in the original, messed up in Conquests, and then sorted out in the patch, just about.

Comment

C3C has some improved interface features that make playing with more than 8 civs a bit easier.

Comment

Definately install both. I would suggest playing a few epic games first before you try the conquests, just to get a feel for the general gameplay.

jon.
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Install both, on a friday night when not doing anything, and play until your heart's content (or you fall alsleep and drool on the keyboard).
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

That certainly sounds good, Krill!
                        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

I'd recommend just going with C3C from the get-go. Then you won't have a reason to scream when you go to C3C and get a weaker Forbidden Palace and higher upgrade costs.

That said, as others have mentioned, resources are scarcer on C3C's maps.

Comment

Play C3C - Vanilla Civ3 won't teach you anything that C3C won't (apart from bad habits that may no longer work with C3C). C3C has a lot more features, the "feel" of the game has changed a lot from the first release and the AI now does a much better job of keeping you honest. You won't find many people on these boards who still play vanilla Civ. Most of the forum advice will apply mainly to C3C, or at least, to PTW.

But you definitely must install the latest patch, 1.15.
                            So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                            Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

C3C 1.15.

Get going, man!!
                              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                              X