Civ3.com Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3.com Update

The Official Civilization III Site has been updated with four new files, all created by Rob Cheng. The new files are Mini Magic Mod, Age of Piracy, Unique Unit Rebalancer, and Unit Trading Mod.
    ===========================================

===========================================

Unit Trading Mod look like fun and original!
    Last edited by CrONoS; February 21, 2004, 13:10.
    bleh

yeah, the civ3 descriptions arent all that descriptive.

unit trading mod. more units tied to resources, so you can trade to build?

mini-magic mod-all I know is its a mod, what does it do?

I could download, but....

Comment

MMM actually looks like a bit of fun. You play a wizard sent out to gather mana. You got a wicked king unit, though without an upgrade path. (I loved Sengoku!)

You can't create workers for the longest time, your necromancers enslave zombies instead. Tech tree looks familiar if you played the first intro scenario, though with much more magic added.

Many units can only be gotten by enslaving, which is quite fun. Though the possibility to wildly abuse barbarians is certainly there.

Comment

I wish they would post the read me, so you find out about them. Well Player1's is here, so we know about it.

I guess I could download them and look.

Comment

Thanks for this news... I have not been to the site for a while...
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Very cool. I may check it out this weekend.
            Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I downloaded and started playing the Magic Mod, but it seems to require that you had installed PTW (I never had PTW, just went to Conquests). It looks for files in a PTW/extras/Prehistoric directory that I don't seem to have. Anyone else notice this or is it just something that I have done incorrectly?

Comment

The install of C3C removed them if you had it as the pproduct had to be unified. I though they had posted the stuff somewhere?

Comment

They did. But, for me at least, all the terrain and unit files there are corrupt or something, and don't work.

Comment

Have you checked at CFC and see if they have it hosted there?

Comment

Well, if I had checked, would I have said that? Heh...

Comment

Originally posted by Theldion
                        Well, if I had checked, would I have said that? Heh...
                        Sorry I not sure what you mean. You DL the stuff from Civ3.com and it seems corrupted. So I was suggesting that perhaps CFC would have the files and they may not be corrupted.

Just a shot, nothing more. I have no idea if you have been there or they have or anything, so just ignore the idea.

Comment

Working...
                        X