City to city tile switch possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City to city tile switch possible?

I have read posts that seem to indicate that it is possible to switch a tile from one city to another if their boundaries overlap. I have not been able to find any documentation on this. Is this possible and if so, how. Thanks in advance.

What do you mean by "switch"? Any tile that falls within the boundaries of two or more cities is workable by any of those cities. You can't assign a worker from one city to a tile that's currently being worked by another. So if you're in the city screen of City A, you cannot assign workers to tiles being worked by City B. What you need to do is go to the city screen for City B, reassign the worker from the tile in question, and then go back to City A and work the tile.

Comment

That is a common way to share a bonus tile. It is most useful for two cities that are close and very early in the game.

You may have say a cow that is within the borders of two towns.
      You can use it in town A to grow fast for as many turns as need and then when you need an extra shield and do not need the food, you move the citizen in town A off the cow to maybe a forrest tile.
      Now town B can move a citizen onto the cow to gain the extra food.

Comment

I got my answer. Thanks. The part I didn't understand was the bit about not being able to assign a citizen (from City A) to a tile that is already being worked by the citizen of another city (City B).

Comment

You can even use those twice , as in both cities can use during the same turn.(under the right circomstances)
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
            You can even use those twice , as in both cities can use during the same turn.(under the right circomstances)

ummmm.....what circumstances would those be? All the calculations of food/gold/shields for all cities are actually managed in one pass at the end of the turn, no?

unless that old cow has become a mobile unit......
            War can so easily be gilt with romance and heroism and solemn national duty and patriotism and the like by persons whose superficial literary and oratorical talent covers an abyss of Godforsaken folly - G B Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Scriblerus
              ummmm.....what circumstances would those be? All the calculations of food/gold/shields for all cities are actually managed in one pass at the end of the turn, no?
              Yes, but no.

During same turn: production complete in city A and city B gets 1 more citizen.
              During the 'management phase', city A round comes first. The city screen popups and you may move the cow square workers to another one.
              After that comes the city B round and the AI puts the new citizen in the 'best square' that may be the same cow square.

Very, very specific circumstances.
              The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I never knew that, after playing Civ3 for 2 1/2 years!

Thanks, Dry!
                Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

What do you mean "Thanks Dry" !!!!

You don't a new citizen btw, city A does need a complete production so you can switch the workers in city A and City B.
                  (in city A you take the worker of the cow, while in city B you put him on it, then leave the city screen to complete the overall production phase)

I do consider it an exploit though, bordering to cheating.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

I guess I gotta give u credit, Alva. This is the first time I've heard of such an exploit or cheat.
                    Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

I agree it is an exploit. Not to mention a lot of work.

Comment

Yeah it, but it you fine tune it (having some 1 or 2 turn production core cities combined with close city placement and of course trying to make sure (especially) cows are shared), it can be very powerfull during the early game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign

I guess I gotta give u credit, Alva. This is the first time I've heard of such an exploit or cheat.
                          well, alva's the one to go to if you want exploits...

Comment

Surely this is a well-known tactic where the originator had faded into legend...?
                            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Heh.

To be honest, guys, I don't like to exploit. Well maybe I do when I'm on the verge of defeat, then again, who wouldn't?

I've tried Emperor level before and failed miserably. I guess I *could* win at Emperor by using Exploits, but that would be cheap.

I'm curious though. Did the programmers overlook these exploits, or left them in game intentionally as a "crutch" for the player?

Comment

Working...
                              X