Dumb Question on Corruption and Waste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Question on Corruption and Waste

Courthouses reduce corruption (in gold), and police stations reduce waste (in shields), right?

I ask because the in-game Civilopedia is (all too often) frustratingly vague on this, and sometimes it seems like police stations improve my gold output also.

Thank you.

No, but this is a perennially confusing topic and there are a number of threads dealing with it. Courthouses reduce both corruption and waste. Police stations do, too. Basically, whenever you see "corruption" mentioned, assume it means both corruption and waste unless otherwise specified, because they are both governed by the same rules.

Comment

The biggest difference between corruption and waste is that WLTKD affects only waste (shields).

Comment

As you probably know, you can also reduce corruption and/or waste by:
        * Choosing a government type that minimizes corruption (e.g. democracy, communism, etc.)
        * creating WLTKD in your town
        * building a Forbidden Palace nearby
        * reducing the total number of cities you have
        * etc.
        Best of luck - bvc

Comment

/Advertisement mode

'For all your corruption questions and needs, you can't go better than with alexman's Everything you always wanted to know about corruption"
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
            /Advertisement mode

'For all your corruption questions and needs, you can't go better than with alexman's Everything you always wanted to know about corruption"
            Is this thread still relevant? I remember reading this thread QUITE a while ago, with PTW and C3C the corrupion models are quite different.
            * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
            * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
            * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
            * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

There's an old one for Civ3 and PTW, but there's also a new one by the same name for C3C. The one WIA linked to is the Civ3/PTW one; here's the C3C one.

Comment

Working...
              X