No announcement yet.

The Day I betrayed the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You must have scared them with the size of your military.

Comment

Well it was timing. Korea had been bounced off the land, so they were ready to deal.
      Celts had been in a state of war with me since first contact and finally landed one long bow.
      Indian landed 9 units that turn (5 elephants, 1 musket) and Arabia land 2 units the turn before.

So they all had lost a few units and had been at war for a long time, doing nothing. They all had other wars, so they were ready to go. When one asked for peace, I decided to go to peace all the way around and switch governements to Monarchy.

India was the unfortunate one. They fell for my trap. I had a long row of workers blocking landing, with one gap. Yeah they came in the gap. I had 1 cat and 6 units in that city, but could cover with other units and cats from near by cities. So I whacked them down.

The section of my land that is close to them, they bypassed. I suspect because I had armies all of the area and lots of cats waiting to see them.

Comment

That had to be fun

Comment

It was after I managed to kill their units, but it was a close call.

Comment

hehe we want a pic

Comment

I have posted a few in the Sid Experience thread for Conquest forum.

Comment

will check those

Comment

Ah, those games are great. Long hard fought wars are the best kinds. I had a game just recently with 18 civs on a large continent. Cramped expansion so I only ended up with 8 cities, but I was going along decently, preparing to wage war on Germany. So I slowly build up, around the start of the middle ages i'm still playing catchup, and trying to build up an army without iron. When Inca, one of the civs on top demands 43 gold.

I natrually decline, since i'm losing gold per turn with a jacked up science rate. I've got Numidian Mercs+Catapults guarding all my border cities. Figure i'd be fine. Since they have to walk across from the other side of the continent. Of course, they have the cash/techs to spare and enlisted my neighbors in their war against me. After that I got swarmed by units from 5 civs. I held out as long as possible, taking out maybe 40 units, but being unprepared my loss was inevitable.

So at the end, with their troops surrounding my last city, I was really kicking myself for not paying that 43 gold, especially since I could have easily. Even still, it was a fun game. I like it when the AI puts up a fight.
                  "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Ok time for another feed on my game. I left it at the moment I signed peace with China. Exactly 4 turns after had already around 20 infantry built thanks to the rubber I import from Mao again. In the mean time Egypt has destroyed carthage and there was a free spot with oil that I quickly settled as my aggreement for this was running out and I have no resources to buy again at higher price. As I said my defeat was hard to swalow and in the turn I got flight i had 9 bombers the next one in which I went to war with the Celts and Ottomans. I had secured the Istanbul at the the black sea and pushed the remaining two cities and drove the Ottomans out of Europe. They are stuck in the middle of Africa now. I put the celts under heavy bombardment with my 20 artileries and 9 bombers. I can say they were an easy target as those long wars that last now a couple of centuries surely have put the presssure on the empires. The celts had some big cities that were eroding my territories and I mean cities of 12. In the first turn 3 of those felt and in the second one the remaining two came under me too. The other ciities were accrosse Germany so I didn't bother going there. My trade balance is slowly going down and I don't know how long can I sustain my self withoug making changes in the finances. I got Motorised Transport and sold it to China for money. I passed in the modern era as well as them. China built 42 tanks in one turn. I gave some free techs to the scienctific civs and brought them in the modern era. Thanks to the Chinese money I stole the tech they got when going in a new era and with my Science Leader built the UN. In the first vote I got tie with Mao.
                    Around me China is bored and is giving justice in the middle east, where Hittiesn and Sumerians fighting china and each other. Neither to say that the asiatic road to there pass under my border colony so I saw a good number of chinese troops go there. In the mean time Europe is desperatyl fighing inside. There is no winner yet, but I sense Germany falling to Scandinavia. I see once triving and big cities to be of size one now due to facism and drafting. Even the mighty portuguese cities don't seem a challenge to me. Lisbon is just 6 and it was 14 a while ago. Greece has two cities on the Balkans and one more somewhere else. Neither to say they are at my mercy. Since the Germans are obviously loosing I decided to meddle indircetly. As scandinavia has to pass trough me to go fight Bismarck and revoked their right passage. Furthermore send my new tanks to block the boder, so they can't even enter my territories. I sent some more tanks and cossacks around some german cities to protect them from Scandinavian invasion. Iraq demanded rocketry which I denined declaring war at me! That made me loose 100GP/T which they were paying me and that severly reduced my turn earnings. Wall street is up working to get some interests. Now im deciding what to do. Surely if im to face China again I will need a stronger base like the whole of Europe, which means I need to conquer Germany which is paying me 86GP/T for iron and loosing that will upset my financian balance greatly. In the next turns I expect Iraq to trow someone at me so am waiting to see who that will be. Hopefuly not China. I have some of the new anti tanks unit, hope the do work against tanks if im to wage war on Mao again. That's what;s going on in my game. Nothing much, don't have enough time to spend due to long turns. Will keep you updated. Also since I broke the alliances I don't get any invities to join or any MPP guess no body trust me, which I don't understand given that everyone else has done so many betrayales in those wars that this is STUPID, then again who am I to judge!

Comment

Working...
                    X