No announcement yet.

strongest or weakest first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other times, you attack because you have the Germans, Mongols or Dutch as neighbors. You already know trouble will be coming early and often.

The Dutch? Admittedly, I've only played a few games of C3C so far, but I haven't noticed any difficulties from the Dutch. Intuitively, it doesn't seem like they should be an overly-aggressive civ.

I wouldn't want to take on the Dutch. Cheap, early Muskets that don't require Saltpeter = attacker's nightmare. The French are just as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
      Other times, you attack because you have the Germans, Mongols or Dutch as neighbors. You already know trouble will be coming early and often.

The Dutch? Admittedly, I've only played a few games of C3C so far, but I haven't noticed any difficulties from the Dutch. Intuitively, it doesn't seem like they should be an overly-aggressive civ.

I wouldn't want to take on the Dutch. Cheap, early Muskets that don't require Saltpeter = attacker's nightmare. The French are just as bad.

I hate running up against the dutch in the middle ages. Take em out early or late. They always seem to be strong in my games, that ag trait is potent. and it seems that they always build the lighthouse (if I don't build it)

I love playing as them, one of my favorite new civs.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer The Dutch? Admittedly, I've only played a few games of C3C so far, but I haven't noticed any difficulties from the Dutch. Intuitively, it doesn't seem like they should be an overly-aggressive civ.
        I believe any Civ becomes aggressive if it feels it has enough of a lead.

In C3C, it seems to always be the Dutch or the Celts, and one of the Native American tribes (Inca or Maya, I can never keep 'em straight, I think the latter) that turn into kick-ass opponents. They all have the Ag trait which, as it turns out, plays into the AI strategy.

Other oddities I've noticed: The Spanish always attack early on, extremely feebly, and are usually in the stone age forever. The Arabs will expand tremendously, developing a huge early point lead, and then will stagnate in the middle ages. (Some political commentary there, perhaps?) The Vikings flounder depressingly.

There's a message somewhere on 'poly about how certain cultures favor certain structures, and this is why they often flounder.

It adds a strange sort of repetitiveness to games. You quickly learn who the threats are, when they're going to be threatening, and when they're going to cease being threatening.

[ok]
        [ok]

"I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes. "

Comment

Isn't there a way to play that turns off the bonuses?
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

always the strong ones first
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I go for whoever is closest, most strategic.

I just had a big war with the Chinese and Russians. The Russians were stronger so I made peace with them. After I crushed the Chinese, the Russians were surrounded on 3 sides with their backs to the sea.

So I crushed them too
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

i like to encourage the smalller to attack the larger. can save me going to war with numerous civs at once

Comment

Have you multi played yet Raz?
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                    Have you multi played yet Raz?
                    started a few yes but never got to finish one the people at gamespy same as the old zone people, quit when losing .....

Comment

we should get an Aussie group started - you know I'm reliable.

Comment

yeah i tried to spike some interest a while ago.... but couldnt get any takewrs..

which version you playing ???

Comment

Always the close one. If there is no more space to expand and several civs surround me, I'll either go for the weakest or the one that will have his UU available sooner.
                          "Nuestros enemigos son imaginativos y están llenos de recursos; nosotros, también. Nunca dejan de buscar nuevas maneras de perjudicar a nuestro país y a nuestro pueblo; nosotros, tampoco." George W. Bush

Comment

Funny you mentioned the Dutch...

I was running neck and neck with them with my Germans. They pulled ahead wars with Russia and Ottomans. I chewed up USA and Spain to keep up. They dominated their continent and I dominate mine. I ate up the rest, but they did not take much more territory from the Greeks or Byz on their continent. I took the two island civs (Maya and Aztecs). I have taken over those two, so I now control most of the world (I need 5% more to get 66%). THey have a big army, but mine is bigger. I've moved most of it over there for the big attack. This is a REGENT level game, so I have a hugh tech advantage.

Anyhow, I'm glad I saved them for last, it will be much more interesting then running over some spearmen on an island of the last place Aztecs to finish the game.

Comment

Oddly enough, just had to make this decision, who next? (And since they were mentioned, I point out I'm the Dutch.)

England, Spain and Russia were next to me on an archipelago type of map. All three had RoP with me that could be cancelled and I could easily take any one of them. What I did was check the relations. England and Spain were polite but Russia was annoyed. So the Russian RoP was cancelled, war was declared and their area is now being consoldated.

Of course, this means another decision in a few turns but Portugal and Scandinavia are now easily accessable. Hmm...
                              Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
                              http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

I attack everyone.
                                :-p

Comment

Working...
                                X