About AI aggressiveness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About AI aggressiveness...

I just want to know what does AI Aggressiveness setting affect during the course of the game, I mean, which of the following:

- The AI players are less likely to declare war on the human players.

-or-

- The AI players manufacture less military units/improvements.

I need to know about this, because I'm fighting a war against the Koreans (I have Infantry in the frontlines) but I'm getting gradually overwhelmed by their hordes of Cavalry units, which is giving me a headache.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Higher AI Aggressiveness means that
    The AI players are More likely to declare war on the human's civ and also other AI civs.

Their being at war may affect their decision to produce more military units.

Comment

But will their aggressiveness level generally affect the amount of military units they build? e.g. Less Aggressive AIs build less military units than a Normal one?

Comment

I think it's a little more subtle than that, but the answer is probably yes.

As I understand it, AI civs will focus more on war-involved issues, including prioritizing military, if they are in an environment that warrants such. With some war-like civs around, for whatever reason (1. aggression, resources, lebensraum, weak neighbors, likes/dislikes, cultural groups, etc.) (2. human players ), this will often result in an arms race, including the less aggressive civs as well.

So: Aggressive civs, yes, more units. Less aggressive civs, depends on circumstance.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Out of curiousity, does the new AI Aggressiveness setting supercede the inate aggressiveness of each individual civ?

Say if I put it on high aggression, will the Mongols be, well, hyper-Mongols, and the Indians be erraticly hostile? Or will they both just be your standard issue warmongers?
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Don't really know, sorry. I've taken to notching it up one, just for the heck of it (hoping to increase the generation of KAIs).
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I'm just guessing, but I'd bet that it acts just like the AI aggressiveness modifier (though it probably stacks with it, rather than superseding it), which, AFAIK, just decreases the reputation-thingy (what do you call it, from Gracious to Hostile?) towards Hostile, making the AI more likely to declare war on you.

Comment

I'd agree that it stacks with the aggressiveness modifier, but I don't think it has an effect on reputation.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I didn't mean reputation, but rather the hostile-gracious thing. That's what the aggressiveness modifier does.

Comment

Working...
                  X