C3C Patch Information & Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C3C Patch Information & Plans

I wanted to apologize to players who have been encountering problems or confusion due to the release of the beta patches. It was not my intention to confuse anyone or create an unstable gaming situation!

I am focused on releasing an official version of the latest code (v1.15) that fixes the Localization versions so that they work correctly. Obviously I wasn't thinking when I included the English version of the Conquests. If you install v1.15 it will overwrite your Conquests and Text files to the English versions which will break your game! I'm VERY sorry for this oversite and am working on providing a solution ASAP.

This patch will be an ROW Localization Version for 1.15 that will still be considered BETA. After this release there will be no more BETA patches. A full release will be made available at the end of February that includes fixes for many of the issues that you are encountering.

At that time plans for the next release will be posted. I appreciate your taking the time to write on the forums your problems, comments, and concerns. It greatly assists me with developing a patch that will hopefully solve all of your problems.

Sadly there is no substitute for the kind of stress a games code gets once its on the market. In a very short time the amount of hours logged playing exceeds the combination of all hours in the test cycle combined!

We appreciate your patience as I work towards a solution.

Thanks for the support!!

Jesse Smith
    Producer, Civilization III: Conquests
    Firaxis Games

And thank you for all your rapid explanatory responses, Jesse.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Thanks, but does that mean we should not use 1.15?

Comment

I guess so... if you have the English version.
        My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

It sounds like the English version is not affected, so anyone who is content to play in just English can still apply patch v1.15.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

yes, 1.15 is good only for players with the English version. ROW fixes are now in the works.
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I really appreciate it that you take some of your time to explain these kinds of things to our Forum.
              Thanks!!
              Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

you're welcome.
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                X