No announcement yet.

Where did that "city names" thread go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did that "city names" thread go?

Sorry, but I've become a ****** in the use of the search feature around here.

A long time ago, there was a thread in one of the Civ 3 forums complaining that the lists of city names in Civ 3 weren't extensive enough. Little by little, Apolyton folks contributed city names until we had gargantuan lists of city names and lists of hero names for virtually every civ. Someone even compiled them all into a modified *.BIX file and posted it. The city names even had those funky European vowels (e.g. umlauts) where appropriate.

I tried searching for that old post, but I seem to have come up empty. Can anyone help me out here?
    "It's great to be known, but it's even better to be known as strange." --Takeshi Kaga

I found a thread over on Civ Fanatics.

I could swear that there was a similar thread over hear long, long ago.

In case anyone's interested, here's the link.
    I have collected and composed city lists for numerous new civs, as well as improved lists for all the original default and PTW civs. More lists for new civs are being added in another thread and if you want to add a city list, then please post it HERE as a text attatchment and I will add it...
    "It's great to be known, but it's even better to be known as strange." --Takeshi Kaga

Comment

Ahh, sweet. Thanx.

Comment

Re: Where did that "city names" thread go?

Originally posted by Underseer
        The city names even had those funky European vowels (e.g. umlauts) where appropriate.
        What? No rings as in 'Ã¥'?
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

And don't forget funky consonants (ç, š, etc.)!

Comment

Originally posted by Purple
            And don't forget funky consonants (ç, š, etc.)!
            They are not in the Swedish Alpabhet, so I don't have them on my keyboard, and I'm t azy to use a charmap.
            abcdefghiklmnopqrstovwxyzåäö, with w sometimes left out.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Why use a character map when you can use named entities?

For instance you can type é to get é

ñ to get ñ

&Gamma to get Γ, γ to get γ

There's also °, ™ ©, €, ±, ¼ and all kinds of stuff, but I'll let you look that up.

Comment

Working...
              X