Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What CEREMONY do you hold while playing Civ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a carryover from Civ2, I drink a glass of water whenever I build an aquaduct, and jingle some coins when I build a bank or discover currency.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

lol Seriously?

Comment

I play my nokia mobile the good old snake 2, i want to change my mobile but the new ones don't have it and this the best games ever

Comment

I eat bananas.

And occasionally scream and hit the monitor. But I've stuck with the screaming alone since the day the display took on a red tone for a week after I apparently knocked the cathode ray out of alignment with a doozie. Oops.

USC
          "'Lingua franca' je latinsky vyraz s vyznamem "jazyk francouzsky", ktery dnes vetsinou odkazuje na anglictinu," rekl cesky.

Comment

Every time I capture an enemy's capital, I sacrifice a neighborhood cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
              Every time I capture an enemy's capital, I sacrifice a neighborhood cat.
              And if you lose the game, which family member is it?
              The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba
                lol Seriously?
                Yes, seriously.

I also play with expanded resources, which includes coffee, tea, cocoa, and hot peppers, among others.

Whenever I manage to acquire one of those...I go have some.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I just watch the screen, seeing what happens...but I also only play on standard/8civs, so it's not like it's a long wait (though some scenarios are rather long waits).
                  I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Reading an alternate history novel inspires me to play Civ III...

I play most games as the Germans when I can, so I used to wear a German World Cup t-shirt. It wore out, so I use it as an arm rest on my desk.

Comment

Originally posted by dworkin
                      I speak to my minions from the Book of Dworkin.

"Thou shalt hit thy enemy in the head and kill him or you will surely die and, verily, yee shall be in a world of excrement." - Beatings 3:10

"Remember oh, small and ingignificant ones that thy God is a little ham-fisted and clumsy and may send you in the wrong direction. As the perfidious enemy slay thee, do not curse thy dim diety as he has done it enough to Himself already" - Accidents 7:20
                      Hilarous!!!

This is one of the best threads in a long time...

My ceremony is "Civ Praying"

Explanation: It's 2 AM, I have to get up at 6:30 AM for work, I've waited eighteen minutes for the computer to calculate all possible trade routes. I'm wating...and I'm waiting some more...in silent reverence.

Then the colors on screen start to meld and swirl around together, my head is slowly moving down towards the desk, my eyes start to shut [i]- only to jerk my head back upwards and take a deep breath, opening my eyes widely in a desperate attempt to stay awake. This is repeated over and over again.
                      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I mostly chant this ancient hymn of excorcism:

"Ei hitto tästää tuu taaskaan mitään. Mitä prk... ei siinä noin pitänyt käydä. Viiskytä tykkiä, eikä mitään! Jaaha, taas meni tankki. Niin taas. No voi stna, siellhän oli vaikka kuinka paljon joukkoja ja kulttuuria, ens kerralla kyllä hävitän koko paskan."

I don't speak in english during the play, so here's a translation to above:

"Goddamn this ain't working. Wtf, that was not supposed to happen. Fifty artys, and nothing! Ok, another tank scrapped. Yeah sure. Fckng he**, it had ****loads of culture and troops, next time I'll raze the bugger."

I'm not particulary good player...

I also read naughty magazines, don't you? And plot the destruction of my RL enemies, which I have plenty.
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I curse and scream....."Your an elite my ass, or wtf howd you lose to a fu**ing spearmen!

Then Ill give myself action reports, and discuss strategy with myself.

"Sir the english have moved their first main divisions of armor to this hill, if we hit with a quick missle strike and Artillery, and then finish up with armor a victory should not be hard fought."

If my air force misses Ill say stupid things...."Ok, Im going to kill the lead general, f*ck Democracy!"

Comment

Working...
                          X