Mutual Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plotinus
    I believe that if there is a civilisation which has a MPP with two powers who subsequently go to war with each other, it will fight on the side of whichever *gets attacked* first, but I could be wrong. Any info on this?
    I think it's "gets attacked in their own territory." So attacking an enemy in YOUR territory, or someplace neutral, doesn;t count. And, btw, it includes bombardment.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Yes youre right but only when you attack them inside their territory will the third party declare on you.

One thing would be to have a choice whether to accept the call to arms when an MPP gets activated.
      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

This is the type of information that should have been documented by Firaxis. It could have been in the strat guide so they would not have to make a larger manual, but it should hae been available.

There is a ton of this type of stuff in the game, that we have to stumble across.
        Last edited by vmxa1; January 12, 2004, 14:20.

Comment

when i go to war i just drag the rest of the world trough alliances with me a tech here some gold there or a resource damn the AI i so eaget to fight. Of course i had the problem when egypt betrayed me twice in one turn, first china the warmonger broke my alliance with egypt by bribing them to peace. Since i had a trade going in with the alliance in the same deal, I could talk to egypt imediatly and draged to war again when we left the table the ai resumed its turns and it was egypt that signed peace with china :| that's twice in one turn LOL of course i dragged them again but china is about to kill me as all my allies(23 in total) are in wars between them lol and fight each other while china will soon reach the main part of my empire where there are no troops already as everyone went to the border cities to fight but i have 35 infantry left and 38 cossakcs, killed the cinese cavalry but the map i play rubber is scarce only in east asia i was importing but no i can;t build infantry and the cosacks proove usless against the infantry so unless i betray the world by signing peace i will be killed. Did anyone betrayed 23 countries in the same time? too bad china is bent to kill me as she wants no negotiations :9

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
            Yes youre right but only when you attack them inside their territory will the third party declare on you.

One thing would be to have a choice whether to accept the call to arms when an MPP gets activated.
            It also has to deal with troop positions at the end of a turn. If your troops are even within someone elses border and they have an MPP, that will triger it.

The only way not to trigger an MPP is to just attack enemy units w/in YOUR OWN territory. As soon as you try to press an offensive advantage and 'cross the line', you will trigger the MPP.

MPP's suck if you want to avoid war because the AI's will always declare war on one another and somehow drag you into it. If however, your goal is to War w/ everyone, then MPP's come highly recommended.

Steven
            "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

I never enter an MPP when I am weak because of the unwanted war syndrome.

If I am 2 or 3 on the power list however and I want to knock down 1 a notch then I try to get the other ai civs to MPP or MA with me to gangbang 1. MPP is a great offensive tool if used properly. To use an MPP with the hope of defense, in the Civ3 game world, is folly because the very thing you want to avoid gets thrust upon you forcibly. I'd rather bribe like a coward the bullies to buy time to fight them on equal terms.
              signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                This is the type of information that should have been documented by Firaxis. It could have been in the strat guide so they would not have to make a larger manual, but it should hae been available.

There is a ton of this type of stuff in the game, that we have to stumble across.
                That's funny... when I wrote my response I was gonna go ahead and add just the same thing... how people learn to play this game without finding the various websites is beyond me.
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                X