Does Civ3 even attempt to be realistic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

civ is real, life is not
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I'm always surprised at people who complain about AI in games. Sure, they're all pretty stupid, but writing that stuff is pretty complicated. Frankly, I'm amazed that the AI in most games is as good as it is. I mean, I doubt I could do better and I'm a reasonably intelligent fellow.
      "It's great to be known, but it's even better to be known as strange." --Takeshi Kaga

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
        I understand the point about "Sunday morning cartoon fun", but I think that Civ3 would be a boring game if it only gave us numerical data packed into a spreadsheet format. Just because the subject is a serious one (contrary to some supertough military wacko exploding alien's heads in dark corridors some 200 years in the future ), it shouldn't necessarily be treated with gravity and soberness. Ok, the talking leaderheads are goofy, but at the same time they're fun to look at.
        No, it would be called Championship Manager (and still sell by the shedload)
        Diderot was right!
        Our weapons are backed with UNCLEAR WORDS!
        Please don't go, the drones need you.

Comment

Working...
        X