Civ3/Gold/PTW/Conq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3/Gold/PTW/Conq

My apologizes if this has been posted somewhere else which I'm sure. However I've not been able to find it.

Question 1: What's difference between CivIII Gold and Conquests? From what I understood, Civ III Gold has PTW enclosed and from some of my readings, it appears that Conquests also have PTW enclosed. Is this correct? Would I be just be better off buying orginial Civ III and Conquests since Conquests already have PTW?

Question 2: I'm not much on multiplaying so pretty much when I play Civ III I'm playing by myself. From my research, it appears that many of benefits of getting PTW and Conquests applies to multiplaying such as scenarios and so on. Is it worthwhile for me, the soloplayer, to purchase those expansions?

Many thanks!
    Who is Barinthus?

Re: Civ3/Gold/PTW/Conq

Originally posted by DataAeolus
    My apologizes if this has been posted somewhere else which I'm sure. However I've not been able to find it.

Question 1: What's difference between CivIII Gold and Conquests? From what I understood, Civ III Gold has PTW enclosed and from some of my readings, it appears that Conquests also have PTW enclosed. Is this correct? Would I be just be better off buying orginial Civ III and Conquests since Conquests already have PTW?
    Civ3 gold is the original civ3 and PTW. Conquests has PTW included. You would be better off getting original civ3 and conquests.

Question 2: I'm not much on multiplaying so pretty much when I play Civ III I'm playing by myself. From my research, it appears that many of benefits of getting PTW and Conquests applies to multiplaying such as scenarios and so on. Is it worthwhile for me, the soloplayer, to purchase those expansions?

Many thanks!
    Definately worthwhile. The scenarios can be played either MP or SP and add a lot over just the epic game. The game is much richer with Conquests. It can be purchased at Amazon for $10 so there is no reason not to get it.

Comment

Thanks, SirOsis :-)
      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Few hours later and 40 bucks lighter, I'm now a proud owner of Civ 3 and Conquests, yay me.
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Welcome to the family.

BTW there has been two Beta patches released for C3C - one very recently. Check them out, as they fix a lot of the (scant) bugs from C3C v1.00
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

If you have Civ3 Gold, can you install C3C on top of that? Is that officially supported?
            My nickname in the PTW matchmaking system is Psygnosis.

Comment

There should be no reason why not, as Conquests works on top of any version of civ, and it updates PtW to the latest version as well. All Gold is is PtW and Civ3 bundled together, unless someone who has it knows differently....
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by DataAeolus
                Few hours later and 40 bucks lighter, I'm now a proud owner of Civ 3 and Conquests, yay me.
                No wonder we never heard anything back from DataAeolus. Poor guy is probably cutt off from the real world now. Well welcome to CIV3 DataAeolus!
                -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                  There should be no reason why not, as Conquests works on top of any version of civ, and it updates PtW to the latest version as well. All Gold is is PtW and Civ3 bundled together, unless someone who has it knows differently....
                  I'd be interested to hear from someone who's running C3C on top of Civ3 Gold, or at least someone who knows for 100% sure that this is going to work.

Thanks for all your replies.
                  My nickname in the PTW matchmaking system is Psygnosis.

Comment

C3C will remove the PTW component and then install its own version. It will ensure compatibility.

Comment

I am running C3C on top of Civ3 Gold and I am 100% sure it works. As well I have beta copies up to 1.15 with the other beta underneath one on top the other. No problems what so ever. I bought them both the same day and have never had any Civ3 before. Truck on
                      The Graveyard Keeper
                      Of Creation Forum
                      If I can't answer you don't worry
                      I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Working...
                      X