Nukes immune to nuclear attack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nukes immune to nuclear attack?

When I launch ICBMs at an enemy city (I had used a spy to get unit locations) it does not seem possible to actually destroy the enemy ICBMs. It is possible to blow up everything else, but the ICBMs still live.

Anyone else can confirm this?
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

That is how it is suppose to work AFAIK. It seems that the model in Civ is the Silo ICBM. They can not move and are presumed to be impervious.

Comment

That's awful. There should be SOME way of destroying nukes without taking the city...

Comment

I think it needs to be this way, there shouldn´t be a way to destroy another civ´s entire nuclear power in one blow... that´s what MAD is all about
        You saw what you wanted
        You took what you saw
        We know how you did it
        Your method equals wipe out

Comment

Yup, that's the only way to implement MAD in a non-simultaneous TBS.
          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I much prefer this way

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
              That's awful. There should be SOME way of destroying nukes without taking the city...
              Prior to C3C it was so rare to get nukes in my games that it was not worth thinking about. Even domination games did not get them.

Comment

I think this is a good idea too. Otherwise you'd just target nuclear cities. Its kinda more realistic too.

Comment

signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Now though nuclear cities still get targeted... multiple times until all that's left is the missile, at which point an offshore transport drops a marine in to take the place.

Inland cities are more of a problem. However, by the time I have enough ICBMs to pull this stunt, I also have enough modern armor to take an entire country. You might not ordinarily be able to use enemy RRs, but once you capture the cities the rest of your army can use those RRs also.
                    Visit First Cultural Industries
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                    X