Diplomacy Screen Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomacy Screen Problem

Hi guys, I just started playing this game again, and I have a problem...

I am currently in a war with the English (they declared on me after I refused to give them Monarchy). The problem is, they're not on my diplomacy screen! All I can talk to are the French, Zulus, and Aztecs.... no English. I took three cities already, and I want to get on with it by declaring peace with them, but I can't!

What can I do?

weird... have your tried to contact them via one of their units? right-click on one of them and choose the option "contact english" or something like that.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Hmmm, I'll try that, but it's very weird, I think I even had them on the screen at one point, but they disappeared.

They have contacts with the French and Zulus too, and I can't trade with them for it, so clearly, I'm supposed to get it, except I don't.

Comment

I'm not to sure why that would happen.

Did it say that the English just didn't want to acknowledge you. Or is it just not at the selection for diplomacy?

Comment

If you're playing with more than 8 civs, the "extra" ones won't appear in the diplomacy screen. You can swap visible civs by shift right-clicking on one of the portraits and choosing a new civ from the menu.

Comment

If you have PTW or C3C you should see a tab for more civs to select one of the others to swap with.

Comment

Also try the little 'd' on the info panel - it'll offer you talks with any civs, in the form of 'button - name'
              It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
              She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

You can also dbl-clk on an English unit and select, "Take me to your Leader."

If on the Diplomacy screen (F4), hold down the Shift key and right-click on any leader, you should be given the option of selecting another civ. Only 8 heads will show at one time.

If checking Diplomacy from the Info Pannel, (the little "D" to the right), all civs should show-up on that list.

Steven
                "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

I had the same problem on a small map with only 5 civs. The Zulus never appeared on the diplomacy screen. So when I needed to talk to them I had to right click one of his units. Since they were on the opposite side of the map I have to leave a unit in his territory.

I thought it was a glitch with my computer. I have not seen it since.

Comment

What version of the game was this, MarshalN? And have you installed the Beta patch for C3C if it is C3C? This may be a bug to report.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                    X