what does this mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does this mean?

On the lower right corner of the gameplay screen. it says The Current Government type, and then it has Numbers like this (4,2,4) .. what do those numbers mean?

It represents what proportion of your revenue you are spending on science tax and luxeries in that order

40% of your income goes to science budget , 20% is going back into your coffers and 40% is what you are spending to keep the people happy at 4/2/4
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

ah , thanks a lot!

Comment

Of course, you just have sliders for science and luxuries now. Taxes are the remainder.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Hehe, I knew the question in this thread before I even opned it; that drove me crazy when I first got the game also.
          "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
            It represents what proportion of your revenue you are spending on science tax and luxeries in that order
            Umm, Chrisius...
            I think that Science is the middle number.

I believe that it is Taxes, Science and Luxuries.

I could be mistaken. I'll load-up a game and find-out for sure. Either way, it's easy enough to tell, Science and Lux will be easy to determine--just check your sliders. The 'other' one is the Tax Rate.

Steven
            Last edited by steven8r; January 8, 2004, 10:05.
            "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Just confirmed.
              The numbers are:
              Tax, Science, Luxury

Steven
              "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Working...
              X