starting locations question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting locations question

I am a great fan of civ3 but I haven't played it for months...and I don't yet have play the world...
    I have various questions but here is the most important =)

the most frustrating thing was the impossibility of setting the start locations in the world map in civ3 (it was my favourite type of game in civ2). HAs this problem been solved in any way? In the expansions maybe or in a mod?

Yep, you can set starting locations (and ahve your civ randomly positioned on one), or specify a certain civ to start on a certain starting position. with the C3C editor.

I think you can do this with the PtW editor too, but I haven't tested this...
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Yes you can place a start location with all three editors. You can choose to set them to player1 or a specific civ. Then when you start if it is player1, you get that spot with the civ you select.

Comment

so I can set the starting points for all civs (and link a civ to its starting point, so for instance the chinese start in china and the russian in russia)? cool. I remember that before play the world came out this was quite a big issue with old civ 2 fans which liked to play on the world map.

thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X