Interface changes - what do you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interface changes - what do you think

I have two ideas regarding the user interface that I wanted to float with everyone and see what they think.

Bombard first
    It seems that the unit order isn't the best for waging war particularly in the latter part of the game. I would want my artillery highlighted first (to bombard), bombers second (for their lethal bombard), offensive units (to attack) and finally defensive units and support units (to prepare for the counter attack).
    I haven't seen anything to allow me to do this... it just gets to be a royal pain when you have a hundred units and you have to individually select which one you wish to use and then hope that it is still active. Cycling through the units can take forever!

Enemy Resources
    Strategic level war requires that I know what the enemies resources are and where they are located. I have often wished that I could hit F2 and select an enemy just like I do for myself and see a row of resources which you can put your mouse on and it tells you where the resource is located.
    Searching all over the map gets a bit tiresome (and often unrewarding).

What do ya think?

On the resources, you can initiate trade with the AI in question - if it shows up on your side, he doesn't have it. If it doesn't, he does.

Still tedious, but way better than searching the map.
    "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

four keys

CTRL SHIFT M

z

this will show you just the geography of the map (with resources showing) and then zoomed out...
      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Working...
      X