Starting your game... tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting your game... tips?

Okay, so when I first started this game I realized that at the begining, there is a little battle of expansion... who gets the land... and resources...

What are your tips for the starting of a game?
    sig

Apple,

Check-out the strat forum. There's lots of info there about good starts and stuff.

Other than that, just fill as much of the map with as many of your cities as quickly as you can. That's called REXing (Rapid Expantion). It seems to be the talked about more than anything else.

In Civ, your power comes from your cities. The more you have of one, the more you have of the other.

If you want specifics, post a save game to the Strategy Forum and I'm sure there'll be lots of folks who'll give you some pointers.
    "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

thanks steven!

BTW... ime a steven tooo...
      sig

Comment

Start of with this link.

Note: some info is dated due to patches and/or expansions etc..
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Apple_The_Man BTW... ime a steven tooo...
          Well, us Steven's have got to stick together!
          "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Its all about 5 excess food and a Granary

Comment

oh boy, my favourite part of the game.

To prevent an useless post I'll say this much:
              I don't think that you need 21 tiles for every city. Sanitation is a long ways off, and war weariness makes large cities irritating. Don't hate desert and tundra tiles. They might be your saltpeter and oil friends later on.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                Start of with this link.

Note: some info is dated due to patches and/or expansions etc..
                Awesome link! THanks!

Thank you all!
                sig

Comment

Working...
                X