Leader and Wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leader and Wonders

Right I was under the impression that when a leader is made it can be moved into a city building a wonder and have the project completed in one turn.

I'm in a game at the moment where my leader has been moved into my capital to fast-build Leonardo's Workshop and it won't let me do it. There isn't an option to fast build. I tried to think back last time I did this and I'm pretty damn sure I could do it in PTW and normal civ3

What game are you playing?
    Civ3,
    PTW or
    C3C?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

c3c

Comment

In C3C militairy leaders can't rush (great) wonders, only scientific great leaders can.
        However they can create armies and small wonders.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

the upgrade from the old armies to the new demon armies from hell balances out the change, in my opinion

(i mean, the way they are now, i can't think of many times i'd want to waste an mgl on a wonder...)

/me goes back to planning how best to employ his halfdozen (and rising) ~18hp 48/32/4 minions...
          it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

also on the note on leaders, can i get rid of the units in them, medieval infantry armies in the industrial age are the laughing stock of the world atm

Comment

Originally posted by Phatphal
              also on the note on leaders, can i get rid of the units in them, medieval infantry armies in the industrial age are the laughing stock of the world atm
              No, you can only disband the whole army for 100 shields or use them to garrison captured cities, there isn't much else to do with them.
              Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

well, if you've got the academy, 3xmed is still going to be 7/3/2, which is fine to send out pillaging. get the pentagon, toss in an infantryman, and as long as he's the one acting, it'll be 10/14/2 - quite sufficient for taking and defending towns (or resources...)
                it's just my opinion. can you dig it?

Comment

shouldn't there be an upgrade function for the units in the army.

Comment

that was probably ommitted for gameplay issues. If you are militaristic civ, you could get quite a few armies going with the latest weapons...

I, for one, like the inability to upgrade units in the army. Pauli's suggestion is the best use for "old armies"
                    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Agreed. Being able to upgrade the units in an army (particularly with the additional powers they have in C3C) would be horrifyingly unbalancing. And I say this as a fairly dedicated warmonger!!
                      They don't get no stranger.
                      Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
                      "We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail." George W. Bush

Comment

Working...
                      X