Crossing AI lands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossing AI lands

Quick question - the AI kicks me out when I try to cross their land to mine on the other side. I had thought that if you weren't within a tile or two of a city of theirs, they'd just ask you to leave, not actually kick you out. Is there a way to "pace" your trip across AI land so that you won't get kicked out? (No, I don't want an ROP)
    If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
    Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

There's always crossing with 20+ attack units

Seriously, it depends on their stance with you, what you're using and how close to a city you get.

A worker often gets a warning after a turn or two and is booted a similar time afterwards.
    Gracious AIs may ignore a unit for a turn but will quickly drop to polite.
    A transport is counted as being full of nasty invading units.

And remember, police your own borders just as vigilantly!

Comment

I love the way the AI will kick your harmless worker out after 1 turn for "threatening" such and such a city, and the next they'll declare war on your other neighbour and expect you to allow 5 or 6 stacks through your territory. As for countering it without ROP, if you have a few surplus units and a narrow border you could leave it blockaded, failing that you're screwed. Letting them spend 20 turns travelling through your territory and sending them home before they get to their destination is your best defense
      "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

loool, I did that once, it's soo funny

Comment

destroy them. you won't have to worry with their 'requests' anymore.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

In my most recent game as the Myans, I was trying to farm the last barb camp for workers. So I had to violate the Babs borders repeatedly, after a while of being forced to leave and going back in, the Babs actually declared war by attacking my unit. First time I've seen this happen since I usually respect AI's borders.

Comment

Working...
            X