No announcement yet.

Commies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This strange creature doesn't actually say what he objects to about the ad. What is the political statement he thinks it is making? Does he think that Atari are saying they *want* the US to become Communist? Does he think they are implying that the USSR *could* have won the Cold War? Or what? God, I'm sure idiots and bigots were more articulate in the old days. Or maybe not.

Comment

Cool. I open this thread expecting a nuts and bolts discussion of Communism v. other governments in Civ III and get a good laugh instead.

Some people are only one cup of coffee away from being snipers on a water tower.
      "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

Originally posted by Plotinus
        Does he think that Atari are saying they *want* the US to become Communist?
        Atari is another reason why the US *should* become Communist.
        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

good thing they didn't place that facist logo over the white house
          daddy daddy, look i'm playing american facist and i'm nuking babylon

Comment

First of all, I think that guy was just trolling. It could be for real, but I think odds are it's fake.

I don't think it's quite fair to say the guy is "one cup of coffee away from being a sniper on a water tower". That's stereotyping the guy pretty bad. Just because someone is stuck in the Cold War and rabidly patriotic doesn't necessarily mean he's a survivalist nutball. Patriotism does not automatically equal extremism and insensitivity. He's probably just an overzealous patriot.

No wait, he's probably a Civ player who wanted to get a laugh.
            Let Them Eat Cake

Comment

I wouldn't call him a patriot.
              I'd call him a jingoist
              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

die-hard patriot
                religious extremist

both are willing to go a long way for what they believe in
                that's dangerous
                daddy daddy, look i'm playing american facist and i'm nuking babylon

Comment

Comrade: Your avatar is making me dizzy

Whoever wrote that letter is either

1. trying to be funny
                  2. really believes in what he says

In both cases, the proper response is humor.

If he's going to get up on the water tower and shoot at us, I don't think anything society can do can really stop him. Just remember to duck.
                  Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

P.S. The DC sniper situation last year caused massive panic in the area. I was concerned, especially since I work right down the road from the Home Depot where the FBI lady was shot and killed. We did duck when getting gas...for all the good that would have done.

How can you stop people that choose to engage in this destructive behavior? That's why I choose to laugh...when my time comes there is nothing I can do to stop it.
                    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Its more likely the poison pen letter writer was a Hitler fan.. a fascist. They have been against communism, because germany had a historical hatred and millitary goal of conquering the Slavic and russian lands to their east, when they became communist this just served to help Hitler to fuel more hatred against the russians through political ideology - it was all about racism.
                      the author says he's Mr Schultz.. sounds a germanic possibly.

I think this advert is a great Marketing success.. what could be more controversial than having a left wing communist flag on George Bushes anti communist headquarters

I remember Independance day used a similar idea, with the alien ship destroying the white house with a nuclear bomb style ray gun.

This is more powerful becuase the US elections are coming up.
                      Does anyone know how to contact this idiot Schultz the writer? Lets all send him letters inviting him to join the New Communist States of America for a joke

Comment

Good point there (apart from the Germanic name thing). Maybe Schultz' fave book is Mein Kampf, and he needed to blurt out this nonsense. Anti-semites aren't known for their sense of humour.
                        The Future of Sim Racing

Comment

Working...
                        X