Nukes to weak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nukes to weak

Does any one think there should be greater consequences to using a lot of nukes then just polution.

I would like the posiiblility of changin the dynamics all terrain to desert with out the possibilty of chaning it back.

I launched about 40 nukes in one came all at once I guess that would be on the scale of full war today I guess. Full war today would when a nice big glowing desert for every one.

Well this is just my thoughts anyway.

I wouldn't know as it is rare for any nukes to even be in my games.

Comment

I believe they fixed that in C3C. Now they have global warming that does change the climate. I didn't see this before C3C, so I do believe that it is new.

Comment

Global warming from nukage has been in from the beginning IIRC. I've had games where the entire world was a desert.
        Seemingly Benign
        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Then is global warming from general polution new. I just don't reamber there evr being any metion of global warming, but I might have just missed it.

Comment

Global warming from general pollution has been in from the beginning as well. "Global warming has changed plains into desert!" It's possible that it's more frequent in C3C, I personally haven't noticed much of a difference.

Comment

Nukes are no no nos
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

I would like to see the impact actually change more things then the long term effects. I dont like the Missle defence thing so I always mod it to just decrease corruption you dont have enough time to build up any large numer of nukes. In a game not to long ago I was the world power(but no one respected me) and the rest of the world was locked in a stalemated war which soon esclated to include nukes before you know it every other nation in the world is nuking each other fastlly and furrously so I soon got sick of the large amounts of global warming so when ever I saw a nuke go off I would immeaditly blitz them and do a massive assult upon their cities taking all before they could react soon I was the only country standing I did all this without the use of nucular wepons however I had about 100 at the time so If anybody did manage to nuke there county would turn into a smeltering wasteland of corpses and orange gasses oh did I mention I burned all the cities I took enslaved all the people and foreced them to clean up their mess well thats what would happen If hippies ruled a super power well probably It woud not have had a military at all!!!
                Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

A super-power ruled by easily annoyed ultra-aggressive militaristic enviromentalists

Edit: You should be in one of the demogames. I believe the monkeys in PTWDG2 has a very interesting deforestation policy
                  Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Nukes can be fun to use to take out fleets of ships in one blow. Nuke + ocean = no pollution. Just make sure the fleets are not near the shoreline.

I still remember back from the original Civ though... if you used a nuke near wild game (the deer) it would turn into a coal deposit iirc (+ the pollution of course).

Comment

Originally posted by EvilKosh
                      Nukes can be fun to use to take out fleets of ships in one blow. Nuke + ocean = no pollution. Just make sure the fleets are not near the shoreline.

I still remember back from the original Civ though... if you used a nuke near wild game (the deer) it would turn into a coal deposit iirc (+ the pollution of course).

I have to give that a try, especially with one tile that has a iron deposit nearby.
                      * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                      * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                      * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                      * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

He mentioned the original civ

Comment

He mentioned the original civ
                          I know, But I have never nuked Game before. Thought I might as well try.
                          * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                          * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                          * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                          * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

I rarely use nukes, so forgive me if I am wrong about this, but doesn't civ3 treat tactical nukes the same as ICBM's except for cost and movement points?

Serious error. As powerful as tactical nukes are, an ICBM should have significantly higher devastation.
                            While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

vee4473, you are correct. There is essentially no difference between nukes.
                              Seemingly Benign
                              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
                              X