Worker question, cutting down forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worker question, cutting down forest

Noticed something strange in a PBEM I'm doing now. I'm packing my cities close together and many of my future city-sites are on forest squares. Not wanting to waste 10 shields I planned to cut down the forest before I founded cities there but by some reason the forest was cut down and no shields apearred in any of my cities The forest square were outside my cultural borders and the closest city were making barracks. Anyone seen this before? It's PTW 1.27f
    Don't eat the yellow snow.

The answer:
    The forest square were outside my cultural borders

Even more precisely, they have to be within your city's workrange.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Kind of suspected that. Just never experienced it until now. Just have to plop the cities down on forest then and forget about those 10 shield

Thanks BTW.
      Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

It was possible in the first 'pre-patched' Civ3 to clear a forest, get the 10 sheilds, then plant another forest, clear it and receive another 10 sheilds, ad nauseum.

This was kinda cool for far away cities w/ high waste, but was seen as an exploit and one of the first things patched.

Just remenicsing the 'Good Ol' Days'
        "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

IIRC you can still do that but only once per age or
          You can plant forests and chop (getting shields), if there never were any to begin with.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The latter, alva.
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
            X