Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its time for Civ3 fans and SMAC fane to unite.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its time for Civ3 fans and SMAC fane to unite.

I am a Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri player but I also play and have Civilization 3 and the two expansions. What if Firaxis would release a new expansion for Civ3 which would be the add-on of Alpha Centauri?

Could you imagine starting out a small civilization located on the earth than building it into an empire than building the rocket that takes you to Alpha Centauri ware you enter into all new situation. You would pick up the story of Alpha Centauri and it factions being formed. What an epic game this would be. The possibilities are limitless. There would no turn base game like it. And at long last there would be a uniting of Civilization and Alpha Centauri. And along with that we would become one large game community.

I wonder how we could make such a suggestion to Firaxis?

If your interested you might try this:

not again...

Comment

Don't you start out as a small civ on earth in CivII and go to AC?
      Can't you then play out your SMAC scenario?
      What about ToT, did they not provide something like that?

I am not trying to shoot it down, as I am always interested in all things Civ, including SMAC/X.

Comment

wow SMAC and Civ 3 merging into one game, that would weird and awesome all at the same time. I could only imagine how fun that would be
        "I came, I saw, and.....then I went home."

Comment

Believe it or not others have had the same thought and made the same posts...

Sounds great, yes, but all we can do is wait.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Actually, it'd be rather pointless, because not much would carry over from one game to the next.

Comment

The problem is that SMAC is a very different game from civ. Not only in plot but just in the actual rules and design of the game. Maybe the next game should be a true epic game were they plan from the beginning to make it continuous but merging the two now wouldn't work.
              For your photo needs:
              http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

I think that it could be done. The space race victory does take you to AC. I often play Civ3 and then after beating it, I play SMAC, trying to simulate the same civ I play on Civ3.

Comment

hi ,

, we should move on to a new start , not using the old smac stuff , C3C is great in that aspect , putting smac in it now would be a step back , .......

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

We should update SMAC. The gaem is cool, but a little old. Make there be another expansion, one that lets crosovers to a new version of SMAC.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, this was an idea Firaxis threw around long ago...
                      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

A DL suggesting things and not just spamming? Things are changing...

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Ok, what is a DL?

Comment

It usually mean Double Login.

Comment

I'd like to see Civ and CtP unite (put the best of both in a single game).
                              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                              2004 Presidential Candidate
                              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                              X