Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does "Culturally linked start loc" work??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does "Culturally linked start loc" work??

I started a world map game, chose to play the English and ended up in north america. What kind of linking is it?
    Vitaly Belman

Cultural linking means that you start near other civilisations in your culture group. So if you are the English, you will probably find the French, Germans, Russians etc nearby. If you are playing on a world map, however, it won't necessarily put you in the genuine historical starting positions - I believe you have to make it that way yourself in the editor. Cultural linking just determines who your neighbours are likely to be.

Comment

Yes and that is why some turn it off. They do not want to see the same predictable civ all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
        Yes and that is why some turn it off. They do not want to see the same predictable civ all the time.
        For the same reason I use randomly generated maps. I don't want to know the landform of most of the planet in 4000 BC. Unfair knowledge leading to racing ahead with spearman to Panama and other chokepoints.

Nothing worse than realizing you are on Greenland.
        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner

Nothing worse than realizing you are on Greenland.
          so true, so true....
          "I came, I saw, and.....then I went home."

Comment

Or Antarctica.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Or New Guinea

Comment

Working...
              X