Can Civ III be run in a window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Civ III be run in a window?

(I use a PC with Windows 2000 Professional)

Is there any way to run Civ III in a window rather than full-screen mode? Am I missing something really obvious like a preference setting?

No, I don't believe that is possible.

Comment

...hmmm

Is there any cunning and subtle way around this that someone with computer skills might know (virtual machines or running a second OS or similar?)

Comment

OK, theoretically, if you ran it through Linux on an emulator, it *might* be possible. But that would be so painfully slow...

And in Windows, definitely no way to get Civ 3 in a window.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

No need to male it that difficult Solver.

You can sort of, although personally I fail to see why, the windows key works perfect.

Anyway, try this:
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Thanks!

(THough why running in a window isn't standard for games in a supposedly Windows environment beats me...)

Comment

The Windows key is a different thing. You can easily minimize the game and multitask. That's what I've been always doing...

Well, up until C3C, it certainly wouldn't run in a window .
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

The Windows key is really no different from alt-tabbing.

Comment

Working...
                X