Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you put your own music into this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you put your own music into this game?

I tried putting some of my mp3's in, but that doesn't seem to work.

How can you get your own mp3's to play in the game?

Huh? The best and simplest way IMO is to let winamp (or other) play in the background.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

yeah, that is probably easiest. And then disable the music in game.

I was worried about how many resources that would use up though.

As an add-on question. How do you play an earth map with the correct starting locations? I have never done this before, and would like to actually do it.

Comment

I was worried about how many resources that would use up though.

I don't think it will be much more then ingame music.
        -
        Nocidea on your second question though. Why not try the creation forum.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Gobi Bear
          If you have an MP3 version of "Istanbul", you can even mod your Age of Discovery (or Middle Ages) game to play it in the background!

Just look for the MUSIC.TXT file in the Age of Discovery\Text folder....

And once you get that done, I know the B-52s have a fun little song called "Mesopotamia"
          Sounds like, if you look at the music.txt file it may tell you a way to put your own music into the game, or at least certain Conquests...
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

As an add-on question. How do you play an earth map with the correct starting locations? I have never done this before, and would like to actually do it.

Assuming you have PtW (IIRC this is also in vanilla 1.29) just go into the editor, right-click on the tiles with starting locations, and edit the properties of the starting location on each tile.

Comment

Working...
            X