X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atari Reports Losses

Atari Reports Losses

Officials from French publisher Atari have today announced the company’s financial results for the fiscal 2004 second quarter and the six months ended September 30.

Net revenue for the second quarter was $60.6 million compared to $109.4 million at the same time last year. Net loss for the quarter was $28.7 million, prior to a one-time non-cash dividend relating to the Company's recent recapitalization and public offering. Including the $39.4 million dividend, net loss for the quarter was $68.1 million, or $0.90 per share, compared to net income of $731,000, or $0.01 per share, last year.

Net revenue for the six-month period ended September 30 was $211.9 million versus $239.0 million in the same period last year. Net loss for the six-month period was $4.9 million. Including the $39.4 million dividend, net loss for the six-month period was $44.3 million, or $0.61 per share, compared to net income of $22,000, or $0.00 per share, last year.

The company puts the disappointing second quarter loss down to a purposeful lack of new releases during a traditionally quiet time of year for the video games business. Nevertheless the company remained the number two publisher in the US (behind Electronic Arts) and revenues for the forthcoming quarter are predicted at between $214 and $235 million, with an income of between $28 and $36 million.

Results for the entire fiscal year are estimated at a revenue of between $560 and $590 million, with a net income of $35 to $45 million.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

And then came Conquests.....

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Their losses come from the name change.

Comment

I am not familiar with the way they do business, but often it is not enough to have a sellable product to make money.

Comment

Originally posted by ljcvetko
          Their losses come from the name change.
          Actually it is more likely from the aquering of all those game companies (just before the name change)
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

It is either that, or it is the way that they are doing business. I look long and hard before I buy an Atari product, now, versus a year ago when I would buy it when it came out. Time shall be the judge here.
            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

hi ,

well they had to clean up a lot when they took over , those things tend to be costly ( clean ups ) , but then again , at least they invested , time shall tell , .....

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I can't help but feel partially responisble... I've bought every Sims expansion pack....
                A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Is this than real cash lose of than accounting lost which have no real cash lost. Than example: I as than Taxis company own 100 new taxis cab on which I than record than accounting lost thought despreation over 5 year as than lowering of asset value and than yearly expence of 20 % of the cost of buying then this is than non-cash expense as I donot lose any cash or pay anyone the money.
                  By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Its common for many businesses to have losses in part of the year.. seasonal businesses. They will try and make money from their releases at christmas and maybe summer.
                    At least they didn't spend too much money on marketing people making a new name.. for some reason they went to the name Atari.. bad move, its an old brandname of a defunct game system. They were probably trying to move away from their french company roots, with some americans dislike of the French governments anti war policies (I guess most Americans prefer to blame others for their own problems as usual ) .

I think this means they won't need to pay any taxes, as dividends aren't taxable by the company .. they seem sexy for shareholders, the dividends go to directors and empoyees as well as city investors with money in the company. Shame they aren't sensible enough to invest all that dividend money in new software development.
                    They may be ripe for a take over, with some other media company, thats a share issue though .

I think Quake 3 may be released soon, which should do well, though it has more competition nowadays. I think its an Atari publishing.

I congratulate Atari on making many intelligent strategy style games such as Civ3.. if Conquests delivers perhaps they'll consider a civ4, there are definitely new intersting Firaxis products in the works (i can't reveal more).

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral PJ
                      Its common for many businesses to have losses in part of the year.. seasonal businesses. They will try and make money from their releases at christmas and maybe summer.
                      At least they didn't spend too much money on marketing people making a new name.. for some reason they went to the name Atari.. bad move, its an old brandname of a defunct game system. They were probably trying to move away from their french company roots, with some americans dislike of the French governments anti war policies (I guess most Americans prefer to blame others for their own problems as usual ) .

I think this means they won't need to pay any taxes, as dividends aren't taxable by the company .. they seem sexy for shareholders, the dividends go to directors and empoyees as well as city investors with money in the company. Shame they aren't sensible enough to invest all that dividend money in new software development.
                      They may be ripe for a take over, with some other media company, thats a share issue though .

I think Quake 3 may be released soon, which should do well, though it has more competition nowadays. I think its an Atari publishing.

I congratulate Atari on making many intelligent strategy style games such as Civ3.. if Conquests delivers perhaps they'll consider a civ4, there are definitely new intersting Firaxis products in the works (i can't reveal more).
                      I support the French position on the war with Iraq. Bush and Tony (the Pimp) Blair commited perjury about WMD being in Iraq. Bush Iraq war isnot only inmortal but also illegality as he broke International law.
                      By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Let say I invert 110,000,000 million dollar in a taxis company
                        I buy 100 taxis cab for 100,000,000 dollar. The company earm 10,000,000 dollar have 6,000,000 dollar in cash expense and 20,000,000 doolar in non-cash expense. I report to IRS that I have than lost of 16,000,000 dollar but I than happy as I make 4,000,000 dollar tax free.

Comment

I support the French position on the war with Iraq. Bush and Tony (the Pimp) Blair commited perjury about WMD being in Iraq. Bush Iraq war isnot only inmortal but also illegality as he broke International law.

Pathetic troll. Take it to the OTF and actually learn something.

Comment

Very pathetic and wrong. I guess the UN vote does not count.
                            Perjury requires you to knowingly lie, not be wrong.
                            If I tell you I have 5 dollars in my pocket and it turns out I only 2, did I lie or was I mistaken?

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                              Very pathetic and wrong. I guess the UN vote does not count.
                              Perjury requires you to knowingly lie, not be wrong.
                              If I tell you I have 5 dollars in my pocket and it turns out I only 2, did I lie or was I mistaken?
                              The UN Vote on taken military action never took place as America would have lost 11-4 idiot before you say anything and I remember the Vietman era as I grew up in it you are too young to know anything. Bush withdrew with motion from the UN before it was defeat breaking his promise to the America people to have the UN vote on it take place no matter the outcome. The UN vote on haveing foreign troop help us occup Iraq was the UN kiss of death for Bush as the anti-UN voter in America willnot vote for Bush next election. Plus Pakistian, India and Turkey which Bush ask to send muslum troop willnot sent any no matter what the UN vote. India have alot of internal revolt taken place in each of it States about half of then have serious fighting going on, Pakistan doesnot want to sent any troop to Iraq for three reason, the first they donot want to be seen as than occuputerity of than Muslum nation, the people of Pakistan by 97 % donot want to have any troop sent to Iraq and third Pakistian will need those troop when India try to invade Pakistian. Turkey Government was going against the wishes of it people but the Iraq people must ok the sending of Turkey troop to Iraq, the Iraq people said they didnot want Turkey troop to occup then as the people of Iraq remember when the Ottomans Empire which
                              butal occup then for hundred of years.

Bush for repeat said Iraq have WMD and inogion intelligence reports which said they have no WMD which make him than prejury, and there is evind that some of the intelligence report where make false under order from Bush.

Comment

Working...
                              X