CURSE St Louis!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CURSE St Louis!

I live in st louis, Missouri. Not a single store in the entire city sells conquests! I thought it was supposed to be out by the 4th in america, but nieither EB, best buy, gamespot, circute city, comp usa, or any local hardware stores sell conquests. Are other people having this problem in other cities? or is it just st louis...

Your best bet would have been to go to Gamestop and put down a small deposit last week, then the manager would have been forced to order it for arrivial today
    "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Re: CURSE St Louis!

Originally posted by zorbop
      I live in st louis, Missouri. Not a single store in the entire city sells conquests! I thought it was supposed to be out by the 4th in america, but nieither EB, best buy, gamespot, circute city, comp usa, or any local hardware stores sell conquests. Are other people having this problem in other cities? or is it just st louis...
      I live near Sedalia, Missouri Zorbop. I knew Conquests wouldn't arrive in my neck of the woods anytime soon so I preordered it from Gamestop.com months ago.

I'll have it--and the preorder CD--in my grubby mitts tomorrow if UPS package tracking is correct(which it usually is).
      "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
      -- C.S. Lewis

Comment

It wasn't in Madison, Wisconsin the 4th either. I was told that the 4th was the day of shipping and it didn't nessarily mean it was in the stores at that time. Didn't have this proble m with CIV 3-vanilla and CIV 3-PTW. I was under the impression that it was like a music release and that it would be in the stores on Monday only they couldn't sell it until Tuesday. Guess, I was wrong. Next year if there is another Xp, I will be ordering online.
        A Finnish Viking stuck in the Midwest for five generations.

Comment

Originally posted by volsang
          I was under the impression that it was like a music release and that it would be in the stores on Monday only they couldn't sell it until Tuesday. Guess, I was wrong. Next year if there is another Xp, I will be ordering online.
          That's the way it's supposed to work, but apparently Atari et al were a little slow.
          "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

You should remember that the release date was supposed to be later, and that you guys are just very very lucky to get the game so soon thanks to some magic somewhere along the chain. No being ungrateful now, y'here?

Some of us have to wait another two weeks.
            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

- right mouse click
              - Abandon City
              - Do you really want to abandon St. Louis
              - YES
              Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
                - right mouse click
                - Abandon City
                - YES
                Priceless!

(btw - I pick up my copy at EB games here in Toronto this afternoon. )

(and btw - it was pre-ordered and paid for.)
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

- right mouse click
                  - Abandon City
                  - YES
                  LoL

Comment

I just picked up Conquests from EB at Dulles Town Center (Washington DC). The guy at the store said its been selling very, very fast. I did not pre-order and was lucky to pickup the second to last copy.

Comment

- right mouse click
                      - Abandon City
                      - YES

that is terrific.

Comment

zorbop,

I grew up in St. Louis (Creve Couer and Ladue, Dad at Barnes).

Abandon.

T
                        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

I was born in St. Louis! My dad was in a graduate program at Washington University when I was born. Don't remember too much, but I've always been a St. Louis Cardinal fan.

Comment

RELEASE DATE 11/4/03 + Two Days Shipping = 11/6/03

I got it at Gamespot yesterday - they hadn't yet put them on the shelf.
                            One OS to rule them all,
                            One OS to find them,
                            One OS to bring them all
                            and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

Originally posted by volsang
                              I was under the impression that it was like a music release and that it would be in the stores on Monday only they couldn't sell it until Tuesday.
                              Game Software releases never work like that. The "release" date is the date distributors get the software. It is then up to the individual retailer to distribute the product to their own outlets.

Some stores (Gamestop, EB) have really good distribution systems because they are geared to software. Others (Best Buy, Compusa, etc.) are slower because the distribution system has multiple layers and is not software specific.
                              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                              X