Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dumb question: Do scenario scores show up in Hall of Fame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumb question: Do scenario scores show up in Hall of Fame?

I've finished a few scenarios... mostly custom maps and rule games I've made, but I can't see any scores in the Hall of Fame. Do scenario scores not count or something?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

HoF only shows scores from unmodded (non-scenario) games.

Not sure if this will change for Conquests (will the Conquests show in the HoF? )
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

They don't count, one thing that also annoyed me quite a bit, because I always play my own mod and never get a high score. As several people noticed that this is lacking, I really hope it'll be in C3C.
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

I hate this.

and I've heard that conquests will be the same way

the only solution is to edit the file by hand. which kinda defeats the purpose for me.

seriously, this is a big drawback for me.

Comment

seriously, this is a big drawback for me.
          me too...

I wonder, is there a way to edit the default ruleset so that one can play the "regular" game with modifications and still get HoF scores?
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You can edit the Hall of Fame yourself in notepad for your scenarios. I know it's a pain, but it is all you can do for now.

HighScore.cv3 format
            leadername A nnnnn B C D (Separate each item with a space)

A = the civ race counting from the list shown in the hall of fame. 1 is Rome, 24 is Korea.
            B = level counting Chief as 0, Diety as 5.
            C = type of vic/loss
            VictoryType: Domination(0), Conquest(1), Cultural(2), Diplomatic(3), Spacerace(4), Retired(5), Histograph(6)
            D = 1 means won 0 means lost

nnnnn is your final score.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

me too...

I wonder, is there a way to edit the default ruleset so that one can play the "regular" game with modifications and still get HoF scores?
              No; the game somehow recognizes if the default bic/bix/biq file has been modified, and stops registering HoF scrores.

to Firaxis for that one.
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

There was a period when I only played AU mod games and found out my HoF didn't change, despite that I beat several records.
                So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

stupid Firaxis
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

They should have provided a means to display the HoF at anytime, without using an editor.

Comment

Overall, I say it's a bad thing. I play tons of fair scenarios which I wish the escore could be recorded after victory.
                      But earlier in my Civ-3 life I played some heavily-one-sided (in my favour) maps in which it was easy to get a pretty good score (just to be able to show-off my amazing scores). Guess it's trying to prevent that...
                      -Sir T

Comment

Yes, a column in the HOF with the scenario name would have been an elegant solution.

Comment

Isn´t this very easy to fix in a patch? maybe Firaxis isn´t aware that people want their Hof?
                          You saw what you wanted
                          You took what you saw
                          We know how you did it
                          Your method equals wipe out

Comment

Originally posted by ceroomaster

But earlier in my Civ-3 life I played some heavily-one-sided (in my favour) maps in which it was easy to get a pretty good score (just to be able to show-off my amazing scores). Guess it's trying to prevent that...
                            You may be right, but I don't see any point to them being worried about it.
                            You can just use an editor and set any values you want. No one see the HoF, but you. There is no use to post it for bragging rights, as it is not proof of anything, so why not allow any games to be recorded?

I tried to use it as a means of keeping track of the civs I had played. That did not work as any modded games I got off the web were axed. Now I find it useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
                              They don't count, one thing that also annoyed me quite a bit, because I always play my own mod and never get a high score. As several people noticed that this is lacking, I really hope it'll be in C3C.
                              Create a backup of civ3mod.bic (.bix for PtW) and move your modded .bic file to the main civ3 folder and rename it civ3mod.bic. The game will use your mod as the default ruleset.

Comment

Working...
                              X