Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaybe
    Brother Grim,
    The "useless" AI patrolling along your borders (initially to make you anxious, no doubt) was largely removed in the newest PTW update. In many situations it would still be foolish to leave "friendly" animations on, though.
    It's also a side effect of being sneak-attacked; the once quickly zipping units suddenly become hostile (whose animation I left on) and come animating one by one towards my cities... leaving me with minutes to ponder how the opponent managed to produce such an excessive army.

Comment

Yes, the island maps - which I like to play - do take longer. Have you ever noticed the delay when a surface ship bombs an enemy city and destroys the harbor?

That's about the time, I reach for the National Geographic or The Economist
      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by ljcvetko

Alas, I don't have PtW. Only original Civ 3.
        Hmm... although I haven't played the vanilla game since I got PtW, I imagine the latest patch for Civ3 likely had the same speed-improving update(s) that the lates version of PtW had.

In the restarted Civ3 Democracy Game we noticed quite a decrease in between turn waits once we upgraded to PtW v1.27. Still hideously long for a 24-civ huge world of course, just less than before.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
        X