I hate this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate this forum

... I popped in the other day just because I was bored at work and reading some threads got me thinking I haven't played Civ in ages so I started a couple new games and now I read all about this Conquests thing which means I have to buy it 'cause it sounds too cool...

So, not only do I have less spare time since I'm playing a new game as the Indians but I have to justify buying another new game in a couple weeks. Sigh...

If only I hadn't been bored - wouldn't have come here, wouldn't have thought of playing Civ, wouldn't know about Conquests, wouldn't have to spend all my spare time in front of the computer, wouldn't have to spend all my spare cash on games...
    If pigs could fly we'd all have to wear helmets.
    Please don't be envious of my little girlie brain.

and just think what your spouse thinks about it all... (not to mention your boss... )

Comment

But want can you do? You know that you're going to buy Conquests...you might not like parting with your money (and time), but you know you'll do it anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Vlado
        and just think what your spouse thinks about it all... (not to mention your boss... )
        You know what? I think I'm one of the luckiest people who plays such addictive games - my spouse also LOVES video games (though, I hate to admit it but my spouse's game of choice is Zelda - icky)...

So, on weekends I load up Civ3 and listen to Zelda blaring away on the TV. Works out great! And we do laugh about how lucky we are that we both like games 'cause it'd really suck to have to share my limited spare time between Civ and spouse.

Comment

I suspect you have plenty of company, but it is not fattening nor will it stunt your growth, so not so bad.

Comment

There have been some people who have become addicted. I think some members of Apolyton have even asked to be banned to stop them from coming here.

Civ3 Conquests will be a good use of your money.
            For your photo needs:
            http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Sucked back in...
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Actually, it's for that reason that I'm kinda glad my wife doesn't like computer games. She forces me to get off my butt every now and then
                badams

Comment

The title made me think Coracle created a DL

Very similar to a film starring Al Pacino and his inlaws.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                    The title made me think Coracle created a DL
                    Don't even mention his name. Think he'll pop in once C3C is released, or did the moderators give him a permanent residence in Mingapulco?
                    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                      I suspect you have plenty of company, but it is not fattening nor will it stunt your growth, so not so bad.
                      Well, that's kind of debatable, isnt it? Sitting at your computer for hours playing a computer game instead of exercising can make you fat. Likewise, sitting around for hours relating to an inanimate object (computer) instead of socializing with people can stunt one's personal growth....

Comment

Re: I hate this forum

Originally posted by mimi
                        ... I popped in the other day just because I was bored at work

If only I hadn't been bored - wouldn't have come here, wouldn't have thought of playing Civ, wouldn't know about Conquests, wouldn't have to spend all my spare time in front of the computer, wouldn't have to spend all my spare cash on games...
                        Whenever I'm bored at work, I get out of my seat and flirt with women. Maybe you could try flirting with some guys at work instead of thinking about Civ3?

Comment

Hmmm... don't think the spouse or the boss will appreciate that.

And, besides, I work in IT so the guys are all geeky.

Comment

Never, ever visit Apolyton. Never. It sucks you into its own virtual space and the next thing you notice is that you're skipping meals and personal hygiene just to "post one more reply" or "post one more thread". It is this addictive. And when you finally win an argument, leaving your opponent completely without words, instead of quitting this place you think "ok, now let's spam some more".

Hm, I think I should be talking about Civ.
                            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

But, then again, if I hadn't popped in I wouldn't know about Conquests...

I'm just glad I found out about it only a week before its release. If I had to wait in anticipation for months I'd be upset. (I found out about PTW through this forum about 4 months after it was released... I live a very sheltered life!)

Comment

Working...
                              X