Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the AI send to it's colonies overseas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does the AI send to it's colonies overseas?

I saw many times that the AI send transport ships every 7 turns or so to its overseas colonies.
    I sonder what they have on those ships?
    is it workers/settlers or defence units, or are they empty?
    Last edited by SIV; October 18, 2003, 02:55.

I've never seen very much traffic to and fro an AI colony but they are usually only defended by a nominal garrison (2-4 units). They will send workers over by ship (or through your territory) to work their land however. You could be seeing workers arriving (to improve the land), finishing and being needed elsewhere (so they get back on the boat), the pollution pops up in the colony so they go back.
    "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

On a related note, has anyone ever seen an overseas AI land a large number of troops (~100) in a colony on your continent and then use those troops to attack you? I haven't. But I think the AI should be programmed to do this. I also think the AI needs to be programmed to exploit a 1 city civ on your continent by signing an ROP and landing 100+ units there and using that as a staging ground to attack you. That would be a lot more effective that unlaoding 1 transport per turn.
      "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

The best AI IC invasion I've seen was 4 Galleons of Samurai. Scared the bejeezus outta me.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Yes I have!

Way back in CIV 3 (the origional) days the Greeks loaded up 10-15 transports of troops and wiped out the remainder of the Japanese. Later they tried to turn these troops on me, but a couple of tactical missles ended most of that threat. The thing that was most memorable was that they were ALL modern troops, Mostly MA and MI but a fw guerilla's, marines and para's.

* A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
          * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
          * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
          * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Vanilla Civ3 didn't have guerillas.

Comment

Basically they haul Hardware, Wine, Clothing, and Pottery to their colonies in the ships and bring back Tobacco, Cotton, Sugar, and Rum.

Comment

As Colonization player I have to say, that mostly they ship colonists. Sometimes equipped as pioneers, scouts, soldiers and dragoons in order to ship the tools, muskets and horses without wasting payload. Back they ship tobacco and cigars, sugar and rum, cotton and cloth, as long as the taxes didn't get too high.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                  Vanilla Civ3 didn't have guerillas.

Of course you are correct, there were no guerilla's in the Greek forces, but it was impressive nonetheless
                  * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                  * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                  * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                  * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Working...
                  X