Expansion packs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expansion packs!

What's the deal with these expansion packs? I notice there are several different ones. Which is the best? Conquerors? Is there one expansion pack that includes all game improvements or do you have to buy both in order to get all the new stuff including multiplayer? Do you also need to update the game version by downloading a patch from the Internet or is it enough to update the game via the expansion pack?

Please advice me before I go out and buy the game! =)

Buy Civ2 instead.

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
      Buy Civ2 instead.
      funny....

anyways, conquest (the new one) will come with PtW (i think?) so just wait for it (the new one)
      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

The Conquests expansion pack will also contain the features from Play the World, I believe.

I would recommend waiting for it to come out, and then buying Civ3: Game of the Year Edition (containing the original Civ3 + latest patches) and buying the Conquests expansion pack.

And, as new patches come out, you will definitely want to download them in order to fix any bugs or problems.

Comment

What Jonny says.

The Conquests expansion pack includes everything from the Play the World expansion pack - but you'll still need the vanilla game, too. And patching to the latest version is always THE way to go, especially with Civ3...

Definitely wait for Conquests, though - few more days only!

Comment

"Conquests- The Search for More Money"
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
              "Conquests- The Search for More Money"
              Isn't every piece of commercial software a "search for more money" ?

Besides Conquests is really looking good, from the included content point of view and with all those beta testers working on it, I hope it won't be so buggy like the previous releases.

Btw, Conquerors is an AoE expansion The upcoming Civ3 XP is called "Conquests".
              "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
              --George Bernard Shaw
              A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
              --Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Tiberius
                Isn't every piece of commercial software a "search for more money" ?
                True, true. This is how the guys at Firaxis make a living after all.
                Seemingly Benign
                Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Unless you own a mac, in which case they can't be bothered porting it, even though Civ III sold really well.

Useless - well Paradox are getting my money from now on.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Somehow I find it hard to believe that Conquests will include all the civs that were introduced in PTW. However, I would definitely expect it to include all the features (new improvements, game mechanics, etc.) from PTW, as well as bug fixes.

Comment

Well...

Extra Content: Civ®-Conquests contains all of the content including: Civs, leaders, special units, and features from the Civilization III: Play the World™ expansion.
                      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Here they are:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ooh, I like that new "AI Aggression". Hadn't seen or heard about that before.
                          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Sid over Deity? A new difficulty level.
                            Nym
                            "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Is there any info on the new difficulty levels?
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X