No announcement yet.

Conscription army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like using conscripts once I have a rail system to fill in a garrisons as my assault pushes forward. No need to tie down the fighting troops if you capture a city with alot of resisters.
    "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Resistance suppression is what obsolete units & armies are for. In late industrial & modern, obsolete cavalry does very well. They get to the city even if communication lines are messed up.

Comment

I useually run a tight ship, only building the most advance units and upgrading them at the earliest conveniance ao I never have obsolete units, that using conscripts idea as garrisions is a good idea.

Also, draft can be a very good way to stave off that horde roling over you empire. I make alot of WWII scenarios, and that is the only Russia ever survives.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
          It depends what level you are on really... But I believe cptben plays chieftan thus answering my own question.
          I used to play chieftain, but I am now playing warlord in this game
          Infamous Captain Ben of the Pearl Island http://pirates.infoorion.com My Sid Meier's Pirates!

Comment

cptben, I also have gone NUTS with conscript MIs... I usually put them in very strong defensive positions (e.g., mountain fortresses), thus freeing up my vets for aggressive actions. Until the AI civs have MA, most of a stack of 2-4 such MIs will survive and get rapidly promoted if attacked.
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
            X