Question on workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bongo
    You don't have to send them to the capitol, send them to the border and exchange them in a 'fake' war.
    This may be true if you are close to each other, but in that case you have no control over them. Unless you declare a war and capture them. I guess that is what you mean by fake war.
    To made them yours, you will have to sell them to the other player and they will have to sell you theirs. You can do this for free in a sense. I pay you 1 gold for each and you pay me 1 for each and if we buy the same amount, it is a wash and now I control them, but they are half my normal speed. I will then need twice as many to make it the same man power. This requires them to go to the capitol AFAIK.

Comment

The main question remains, do I have to pay for my workers after I sell them in a deal or loose them in war .

I'll test it myself if I get the time. It may be an exploit but it is not given that it is worth the bother.

By a fake war I mean a war to exchange workers, catapults etc with a friend. Often seen in PTWDG1.
      Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

I would think you do not pay for them after they have been captured. Look at the maint cost and you can tell. Do it early in the game when you have a lot less to add up.

Comment

So it is a possible exploit then. It will only work in games where you have two or more human players though. It could be powerful in PBEM games if two civs cooperate to build a large inefficent maintainance-free workforce. Like buying an expensive car that runs without gas.....

Still needs to be tested though, I'll test it tomorrow if I get the time.

Comment

You don't have to send them to the capitol, send them to the border and exchange them in a 'fake' war.
            sounds like someone already found the Loophole !!!!!
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

By a fake war I mean a war to exchange workers, catapults etc with a friend. Often seen in PTWDG1.
              and are other captured units maintenance free, never looked to notice..
              probably not
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Don't think so, I would have noticed if they were.

Oh, i have started a PBEM with myself to see if worker exchange is an exploit but I haven't had the time to complete it yet

Comment

Working...
                X