Helicopter being shot down??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helicopter being shot down??

On my last game I could have sworn that my transport helicopter got shot down by a fighter, then someone told me this isn't possible. I have the latest patch, could this be something that has been fixed recently?

... then someone told me this isn't possible.

Just because it never happened to HIM ...

Honestly, I don't remember if it's happened to me. People that are not in the habit of using helicopters shouldn't give authoritative advice about them, and since most people think helicopters in the game are lame ....

Comment

Yeah I was using it to transport a marine to cut AI's only oil, has anyone else ever seen a 'copter shot down?

Comment

I've never seen it, but if it's possible I think that's cool. I have given my helos a weak bombard capability in the editor so I'm quite sure they can be shot down with that mod.
        "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Never had it happen to me, but I'd assumed it was possible.

Comment

It has never happened to me. But then I never built a helicopter

Honestly, why would anyone build one?

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion

Probably for the same reason I said above.

Comment

OK, but there are many better ways.. I prefer shipping units, that way you can get more units transported at once.

Comment

It has never happened to me. But then I never built a helicopter

A very short but correct analysis.

Comment

OK, but there are many better ways.. I prefer shipping units, that way you can get more units transported at once.
                    but that only gets you to the shore line helis will transport past the coast to where you want to go... not that ui ever use them , i usually just storm through the frontline in a bloodbath of lost lives
                    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

My chinese helicopter, not long ago, shot down an interceptor, and attained elite status at it... Must be rare, should have a save around...

Why build helos? Why build only MA's? A carefully orchestrated assault on enemy key positions, which in one turn cripless numerically and technologically superior enemy, is quite satisfying. And they're great in resuplying cities far away. Think about it, instead of making your elite/vet infantry to vet MI, build helos and take them directly into fire. Naturally, if you mod them to carry 2 units instead of one, they're usefullness rises exponentially.

Of course, you can build n+ MA and wipe them out, but where's the fun in that?
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

What they have Helos in the game? Sorry could not resist. They were great in Civ2, but I don't use them in CivIII either.

Comment

I have had helicopters shot down.

In one game I was playing I was using an airlift train of 2 helicopters which were constantly dropping Para's behind enemy lines. Eventually much to my dismay they shot down one of my helicopters.

Helicopters should definately be vulnerable to enemy air and I'm glad it is a feature in the game.
                          signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

i much preferrred tha tattack helicopter so f civ2... would be good to see them back so i can fire upon those damn pesky AI troops out in the open.
                            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I've had my helicopters shot down, and I think actually once my helecopter have shot down an enemy.
                              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                              X