Need help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help..

This has never happened to me before and im not sure what i did to make it happen now..

but recently whenever i take an enemy city my units automatically destroy/raze it. without giving me the option to pick if i want to keep or snuff it out of existence.

whys this happening did i hit some hot key by accident or something?

This is supposed to happen, if the city you are capturing never has generated any culture.

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

A city at population of 1 when it is taken will always be razed UNLESS it has any culture points. Even 1 culture point will do, it does not need to have expanded its borders yet.

Comment

Ahh.. thanks guys. I was wondering cause i just started a game and declared war early then i ever have..guess that explains it.

Kewl thanks tons again guys appreciate it

Comment

Also, arggg: Have you recently applied a patch to your game?

This feature was not in the release version, but was added with one of the patches. Bdefore that you would always have the option to keep it or raze it.

Asmodean
          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Does this "automatic razing" of population-1 towns cause the same diplomatic penalty as when you raze a larger city by choice?

If so, this is very bad

Comment

ya i just recently got the patch so i guess thats another reason.

and yep it does come with the bad faction of razing a city

Comment

Originally posted by Turrosh Mak
                Does this "automatic razing" of population-1 towns cause the same diplomatic penalty as when you raze a larger city by choice?

If so, this is very bad
                What do you MEAN, "this is very bad!?" WAR is bad, but now that you KNOW that there is a small attitude penalty to even unintentional razes, you can make adjustments.

Remember, if they haven't ever HEARD of the civ victim (it no longer exists), they will never hear of the razes.

Comment

My point is that I am being buggered by something that occurs AUTOMATICLY due to the way the game is programmed, instead of by a CHOICE I MAKE!

Why the HELL should I be happy with THAT situation?

Comment

DON'T be happy with it, then. It's YOUR life, do what the "bleep" you want!

But only programmers get exactly what they want in computer software, and often it takes too much time investment to get it perfect even for themselves, much less "other people."

Comment

Working...
                    X