A question about production.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about production.

Ok, I am a little confused with all the different types of shield production facilities.

Of course, you have to build a factory in each city but then come an array of choices. You have a choice (by researching the respective tech) of coal, hydro, solar & manufacturing plant. I know which of these produce more or less in terms of pollution but which combination gives me max shield production in my cities?

So long...
    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

the first free plants you mention all give 50% bonus but replace each other if built. Nuclear plants give 100% bonus but replace the other plants. The mfg plant can be built to give you an extra 50% on top.

To answer your question nuclear + mfg to get the highest bonus. If nuclear is not available then any other plant will do instead.

I think there is a thread in the strat forum about this, it might be worth doing a search.
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

That is about the size of it. You can only have one "power plant" at a time. If you have one and build another, it will replace the existing one. The only funny part is if you have say coal and build Hoover.

Comment

Hoover is definitely worth getting, but who builds nuclear plants as well in cities with the free hydro's ? I sometimes do if I really need the extra shields to fight a serious war.
        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Everything you could ever want to know about Power plants
          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty
            Everything you could ever want to know about Power plants
            Excellent thread! Many thanks for posting the link.
            - bvc

Comment

Try hoover dam AND nuclear plants
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Yep, Hoover damn + nuclear plants + mfg gives you awesome powerhouses!

Oh and don't forget about the Iron Works, that increases production by an additional 100% in the city it is built.
                Last edited by jordie; October 8, 2003, 02:59.
                Revolution Gaming - Revolution Technology

Comment

Working...
                X