1.27 Fixes Military Alliances!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.27 Fixes Military Alliances!

I only installed 1.27 a week ago, but didn't notice this mentioned in the ReadMe or any threads here. I just noticed in my game that that ridiculous Military Alliance feature (or bug?) that caused you to get sucked back into a war you just ended is now no more. I'm ecstatic!

I once started a thread about it because I HATED that stupid feature. Now, when you make peace, your alliances against your former foe simply end. Like they should! I'm so happy!
    Eine Spritze gegen Schmerzen, bitte.

I hadnt noticed that but it is indeed a good improvement!!
    'It's all just a bunch of flees fighting over who owns the dog'

Comment

That's good news.

Comment

Even if they attack an MPP partner ?
        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

The "getting sucked back into war" thing was a function of a Mutual Protection Pact (MPP), not an alliance. Is that what you meant? I upgraded to 1.27 recently, but haven't signed a MPP since the upgrade.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Probably making peace with the common enemy (before the MPP ends) counts as breaking the alliance. I suppose no one will ever sign again a MPP with you (in this game).

Or at least this would be the most logical way of how it should work. (reconnecting a formerly traded resource doesn't activate the trade back, right? it only brings you a reputation hit)
            Last edited by Tiberius; September 26, 2003, 18:46.
            "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
            --George Bernard Shaw
            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
            --Woody Allen

Comment

Working...
            X