No announcement yet.

Technology Advance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should really try to play at Prince level at least but in my opinion difficulty is not configuered very well in this game.
    Monarch is challenging only until the early middle of the game and Emperor or Deity is too hard in the beginning taking much fun away because you can normally dont build wonders, research tecs,... you HAVE to make war nearly all the time to follow up.
    For ME Monarch is the best compromise (but still is just a compromise).
    Nevertheless is think Civ3/PTW is a very good game, especially the handling. (i just played Call to Power a little and found it to be very confusing).
    If Difficuly Level and Diplomacy should be implemented better i think it should be a near perfect game...

Comment

This seems all too obvious a point, but....

If you want the general pace of the game to increase, select "Accelerated Production" in the Prefrences dialogue box. Things get made faster; money gets made faster; science progresses fater for the whole world. If you don't have that option selected, then it will probably do what you are looking for.
      If you aren't confused,
      You don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1

The reason people do not get all the techs at the lower levels is they win the game long before then, unless playing conquest/domination only on larger maps.
        large maps is the only way to paly, gives you space to buid an empire in .

I dont paly with cultural victory on anymore as that is too easy to win at.
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin

large maps is the only way to paly, gives you space to buid an empire in .

I dont paly with cultural victory on anymore as that is too easy to win at.
          Only on the larger maps. On the smaller maps cultural victory is harder to do.
          Seemingly Benign
          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
          X