Stealth bomber shot down by Spitfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spy14
    The last Spitfire was the MK24... top speed 460 mph at around 20,000 ft and in a lengthened dive it would approach the speed of sound. A B2 sortie would never be flying low enough in enemy territory for the dive to occur, and in a level chase the Spit would almost certainly have to turn and refuel before it was able to catch the B2. Which is a shame because the idea of shooting down the B2 with 60 year old technology is great
    But of course the Spitfire wouldn't necessarily be engaging the B-2 from a tailchase perspective. If the B-2 is spotted early enough the Spitfire can be scrambled and put on an intercept course that will result in a head on interception.

The altitude is still a problem but hey (to seriously stretch reality), maybe the pilot could point a shoulder launched SAM out of the Spit, that would enable the plane to hit targets for another 10,000 feet.
    "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Scene 1:

A group of Axe Wielding Warriors are chilling on a mountain steppe.

Scene 2:

A tank rumbles along the mountain pass.

Scene 3:

Warriors see tank. They make a rockslide. Tank is crushed under tons of rock and eath.

The End.
      Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

It COULD happen in real life. Anything is possible!
        Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Originally posted by Elias
          Helicopter shot down by an Iraqi farmer? Isnt that want sadam said to the people to keep them from thinking they were being slaughterd?Anyways a low flying helicopter could be shot down by a macine gun but not by a musket or a stone ax.The people in saving privat ryan had wepons and training of the time they did not have axes.
          Rambo could do it with something he found in the desert or woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Defcon5

But of course the Spitfire wouldn't necessarily be engaging the B-2 from a tailchase perspective. If the B-2 is spotted early enough the Spitfire can be scrambled and put on an intercept course that will result in a head on interception.

The altitude is still a problem but hey (to seriously stretch reality), maybe the pilot could point a shoulder launched SAM out of the Spit, that would enable the plane to hit targets for another 10,000 feet.
            I love the SAM idea... to bad the pilot would likely get fried by the missile leaving the launcher. As for the head on/ side intercept, a B2 has Infra Red sensors and an LPI radar, so the Spit would be spotted coming in miles before it see's the B2 and would still be forced into the tail chase. Which as I said before, is a crying shame
            "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Maby the B-2 was lowering altitude to approach a target the spitfire was coming for the b-2 head on and nobody in the B-2 thought that there was an enemy plane left so no one was watching the infa Red the bomber is shot down.
              Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

You never know

Comment

Originally posted by georges bonbon
                  Maybe we should consider the warrior or whatever obsolete unit that kills modern war-technology, as a clone of Arnold Schwarzenegger or Sylvester Stallone.
                  More of this! Why are single warriors like the DOOM guy or so not considered in CIV?

Comment

Act 1: A B-2 flies lazily over the sea.

Act 2: A Destroyer visually identifies the B-2 then radios the B-2's heading to a carrier 100 miles away.

Act 3: B-2 flies straight towards the carrier.

Act 4: Carrier scrambles Spitfires.

Act 5: Spitfire intercepts the B-2 head-on.

Act 6: Spitfire shoots up the B-2's cockpit with hundreds of bullets in a game of Chicken.

Act 6 (alternate): Spitfire does a kamikaze run right at the B-2, a'la Japanese Style. Both turn into burning wrecks.

Act 7: B-2's bombing target lives.

THE END.
                    Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign
                      Scene 1:

A group of Axe Wielding Warriors are chilling on a mountain steppe.

Scene 2:

A tank rumbles along the mountain pass.

Scene 3:

Warriors see tank. They make a rockslide. Tank is crushed under tons of rock and eath.

The End.
                      Go the low tech....

Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

Sovereign, that B-2 wouldn't be discovered in the first place.

Comment

Ecthelion, have you seen "Black Hawk Down"...?

I know it is not about B2's....!
                          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign
                            Act 1: A B-2 flies lazily over the sea.

Act 2: A Destroyer visually identifies the B-2 then radios the B-2's heading to a carrier 100 miles away.

Act 3: B-2 flies straight towards the carrier.

Act 4: Carrier scrambles Spitfires.

Act 5: Spitfire intercepts the B-2 head-on.

Act 6: Spitfire shoots up the B-2's cockpit with hundreds of bullets in a game of Chicken.

Act 6 (alternate): Spitfire does a kamikaze run right at the B-2, a'la Japanese Style. Both turn into burning wrecks.

Act 7: B-2's bombing target lives.

THE END.
                            The B2 would see the Spits on radar or IR. Carriers carried Seafires, not Spitfires, but thats just me being really, really pedantic

Comment

Yes, I have seen Black Hawk Down. What's the connection?

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                                Sovereign, that B-2 wouldn't be discovered in the first place.
                                Visual and audible detection can still occur. And, of course, if there's a breach of security (as happened with a F-117 stealth fighter over Yugo) and the enemy forces are alerted in advance to your flight path they can pick it up on radar.
                                "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Working...
                                X