Tell me about it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about it

Ive been playing along quite happily with your bog standard civ 3 for the past year now. ( version 1.29) I love it but then i saw the civ PTW features on the web site. Im gonna get it asap (but pay days not for another week....arghhh) so a few questions that i've just gotta ask.

1) i saw mention of radar towers (cool), air fields (thank god) and OUTPOSTS...outposts they sound great but what do they do ???

2) has diplomacy been improved??

3) do the new added civs mean i can play with more than just 16 civs on a map or do they replace others ingame?

4) is multiplayer all its cracked upto be?

Ive only got a week to go to find out but the suspense is killing me. I need to know.

I would wait for the next exspation pack as it included PTW :-)
    I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

1) Outposts increase how far you can see on the map, but the effect is not worth the effort IMO.

2) If you mean the logic, no. If you mean the interface, slightly.

3) You can play with all 24 Civs using the editor.

4) Don't know.

Like Deathwalker said, wait for Civ3: Conquests to come out. It will include all the PTW content plus a ton of new features. Of course, that will require you to wait until October 28th.....
      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

cheers

so are outpost just like early radar sites then???

Comment

No, radar sites improve attack and defence strength of the owner civ(the name may be a bit misleading), outposts are more like observations towers.
          Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

You can actually add new civs and play with 31.
            MP is in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

32 civs....oh no... i wish i'd never asked... i cant wait...why did i not buy it sooner....a whole WEEK till pay day. Why did i waste my money on food and paying bills...

Comment

The editor is really powerfull as well,you get more buildings and wonders,and of course there are those ptw only modsarty:
                Devout Believer of the Invisible Pink unicorn

Comment

Originally posted by jackl
                  32 civs....oh no... i wish i'd never asked... i cant wait...why did i not buy it sooner....a whole WEEK till pay day. Why did i waste my money on food and paying bills...
                  You really should try to hold off until Conquests is released on Oct. 28. It includes PTW and a whole lot more! The editor in Conquests is supposedly even more refined than PTW's. Good Luck!!

See Spiffor's article in The Civ3-Conquests forum for all the known goodies!
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
                    You really should try to hold off until Conquests is released on Oct. 28. It includes PTW and a whole lot more! The editor in Conquests is supposedly even more refined than PTW's. Good Luck!!
                    Listen to the guy. DO wait for Conquests - it's just two more months at most. You will be happy you did. There are so many refinements and additions there (and yes, I am talking from a first hand experience ).

Comment

Patience seems to me to be vital to MP, for both real time play and pbem. Real time games can be so good they blow the SP game out of the water, or they can suck after playing for 2 hours to have players drop out. But when its good its good
                      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Working...
                      X